Marquee Moon review by Television

• Released: Jan 1, 1977
Television: Marquee Moon

Sounds is very dry, some interesting chords, syncopated beats & overall b--chin-ness.

The lyrics in this album are virtually flawless. Verlaine pulls off his angst-fill words with gusto. The imigery of the lyrics is really wha tpulls it together 'The cadillac pulled out of the graveyard/the man said 'get in'/the cadillac went back into the graveyard/and me, I got out again'. Pretty awesome stuff.

This album is brilliant, a true masterwork, and a shame that more people scatch their heads when you tell them Television is a band. If I had the godly ability to do so, I would magic up a copy of this album for everyone! If this were ever stolen from me, I'd hunt down the wanker who stole it, and take his money ot pay for the album again, because it's that good. Happy listening!

Goon
    A very underated groundbreaking album, also one of my favourites. I love the interlocking guitar parts and the solo's that go for ages yet don't drag on. This is something everyone out there needs to hear.
    trackmind
    Damn, I really want to get my hands on a copy. I've only heard one song (Marquee Moon, of course), which is one of the best songs I've heard in ages, actually.