Rize Of The Fenix review by Tenacious D

• Released: May 15, 2012
  • Reviewer's score: 6 Neat
Tenacious D: Rize Of The Fenix

The sound of the album is nicely balanced and you can hear all instruments clearly and Crisp, which is a problem with some of today's music, the album is only 41 minutes long but baring in mind this is Tenacious D this seems a reasonable Length for them. The first track "Rize Of The Fenix" is a taste of what Tenacious D would sound like if they did a slightly progressive album.

The lyrics are not as striking or instantly amusing as their previous albums, they seem to have settled for rowdy'er lyrics to some songs rather than straight up humor. There's only 2 tracks with Jack and Kyle "clownin" around and even they sound over acted and too polished!. Jack Black uses different vocal techniques in this album but for what reason is unknown,unlike the two previous albums you come away from this album feeling like there's no story or meaning at the end unlike the pick of Destiny's "The Metal".

Compared to their previous 2 albums this is the "unfunniest" and Weakest album they have released to this date, I am going to see them live soon and hope they play very little from this album. My favorite songs from this album that did assume me are: "They F--ked Our Asses", "To Be The Best", "The Ballad Of Hollywood Jack". This album is best played on random.