Tenacious D review by Tenacious D

• Released: Sep 25, 2001
Tenacious D: Tenacious D

I love this band! I mean they are of corse the greatest band in the world. it's amazing how they can make a couple of acoustc guitars rock hard. Complete with drumming from Dave Grohl (former drummer of nirvana, and now guitarist and vocalist for the foo fighters), whom they met at a club during one of their first songs ' Tribute ' which is track 3. They tend to have a mix of tracks composed of cool songs, and just general funny situations and storys, like a minature play.

The lyrics are amazing, every song is amazingly funny and lots and lots of swearing (which kids it's not big and it's not clever, but it is dam funnny when they do it). For the best part the music and the lyrics fuse together in an orgy of coolness. With lead vocals by a certain Mr Jack Black, one of the funniest men alive, and a Mr Kyle Gass with backing vocals, they can get cool harmanys and there singing talents are suprising when you look at them, considering how high jack's voice can go.

Obviously it's not ment to be serious, it's ment to be light hearted fun, but there are some really good songs on there, like tribute, wonderboy and city hall. I love everything on it including the little Bohemian rapsody parody inside the case behind the disk, if it was stolen I would buy it again, hell I might even buy it twice