The Pick of Destiny review by Tenacious D

• Released: Nov 14, 2006
Tenacious D: The Pick of Destiny

It's amazing how Tenacious D make amzing rock with just acoustic guitars. This is their second album and it's the soundtrack to their movie with the same name as the album. There is a variety rock and metal. There is a lot of acoustic stuff, especially in songs like kickapoo, government totally sucks and classico. There are some amazing metal songs aswell, such as Master Exploder and Beezleboss. Baby is pretty strange and Papagenu(which is about a sasquash) just freaks me out. Kyle Gass is great as lead guitarist. Dave Grohl helps out by playing the drums, which sound amazing.

Thelyrics are typical Tenacious D, funny and features the F-word a lot. Beezleboss is an amazing song. it's all about a rock off btween Tenacious D and the devil (Dave Grohl). Meat Loaf is Jack Black's dad in Kickapoo, and we all know how good Meat Loaf is at singing.

I love it. It's my favourite album this year, and this year has had some great albums(Black Parade, Black Holes and Revelations). Beezleboss is an amazing song; It is funny, has great acoustic, great metal and Dave Grohl as the devil. POD is also great. You can listen to the whole album and enjoy it, which is vary rare. It it was stolen, I'd deck the guy who piked it. If he was to strong then I would buy it again.

arrayofemotions
    It's an OK album, but it doesn't really flow nor even sound like a finished album. Instead it sounds more like all the music bits from the movie thrown together. I guess the album makes more sense once you've actually seen the movie (i've no idea when it'll be out, here).
    ShoTown
    No where near as good as 'Tenacious D' but still, it was OK just not their best work, by a looong shot.
    W4T3V3R
    POD rocks (film) and no doubt hearing this that it rocks. I love it, again a bit short but hey, who cares!
    ( o )===#
    thrashaddict83
    This album rocks,as does the d's hilarious film. P.O.D is my favourite album of the year seriously i still cant stop laughing. \m/
    guyver01
    ive only heard POD and classico from the album, and classico had me amazed! bach on guitar man! but getting the album for christmas and goin to see the film next weekend! can't wait for both!
    JESTER7165
    This album if freakin insane even though it is kinda short and says the f word like every 30 seconds. Its by far the best album I have bought lately.The guitar by Kage is the best, he rocks.
    KingLawrence
    ( o )===# wrote: Wierd. Remember the scene on School of Rock when he talked about the "MAN" and MTV ****ed it all up? Funny to what he is doing right now.
    c'mon, he plays a fictional character in that film
    megaganj
    I think it's great. I love the beelsabub battle. "I'm the devil, I love metal. now check out this lick, it's ****in tasty!" lol classic
    hojotoh
    alecks133 wrote: i would like it more if they wrote about something more interesting than about themselves. thats what the two main single "pod and tribute" are about, and they are boring, as far as im concerned.
    Someone who obviously doesnt get Tenacious D!! Love the new album. Its been in my CD player since I bought it!!
    m1dnight
    im gonna ignore the opinion of the second review because he said
    this year has had some great albums(Black Parade
    borrisuk
    Maybe a bit longer would be better, but i aint complaining, such an awesome album I advise yall get used to the album before you go see the movie if you havn't, its hilarious
    Sephirangel
    what alot of people dont know though is dave grohl also does vocals on one of the metal tracks
    alecks133
    furrycow
    amazing album, but yeah too short. need more silly talking in between tracks like the first album to fill up the time.
    jables23092
    the movie was hilarious...the cd is really great too...yeah it's a little short and a few of the tracks are barely worth noting cause they are mostly talk...but everything on it is absolutely gold in it's own way...and it's got a great variety...i dont know who said it was their last album but i highly doubt it.....buy the cd!
    cartmanmouth69
    I'm not a fan of soundtracks. But the fact that the D is just 2 guitars playing and out of a nowhere a drummer appears is amazing.
    ITSTIMETOROCK
    the movie is ****ing hilardious, and i found this album to be gut-bustingly fantastic. it is a little short, but there isnt a song on there that i dont like. They're all funny, and they're all rocking. People need to take this out of the context its in with the debut. just look at it as a totally different regular album, and its ****ing great. only reason people seem a little put out is because of the comparison to the old one. In my opinion, i think that in some ways, the POD is better, and in some ways, its worse. Its still awesome though, long live the D
    wazzle
    a brilliant cd well worth the 14.99 for the deluxe edition is a real treat
    Stingmaskii
    I HATED the movie! I'm a huge Tenacious D fan (I have all their other stuff) but I only laughed like twice the whole time. Some of the stuff is chuckle worthy, but that's about it. I'd rent it though, just to check it out. It was f'ing hillarious listening to the guys who were stoned out of their minds next to us.
    16kramer05
    Brilliant Album "That's right, you're f*ck*d, you're sh*t out of luck, I am complete and my c*ck you will suck!" Hahaha, I haven't stopped listening to it, besides my tastes of B.B. King here and there. Also, the movie is fantastic! It's flipping hilarious; I might go see it again! Just make sure you are nice and loose when wandering into the theater, maybe throw back a couple of brewskies, or it's not going to be the same.