The Pick of Destiny review by Tenacious D

• Released: Nov 14, 2006
Tenacious D: The Pick of Destiny

You may of allready heard the debut of Tenacious D and made up your mind about them. One-hit jerks who aren't very funny. They are idiots who play simple songs on acoustics. I was thinking excatly this during the first 25 mins of their gig in Birgmingham. However this time they have electric solos (not supplied by K.G though) and killer drum riffs.

Jack Black has n ability to add a layer of idiocy into what ever he sings. However for this rare occasion he sings with power (not just on Master Exploder) and with grace on songs like "Kickapoo", "Dude (I Totally Miss You)" and "Classico". The duo's writing skills are built on always saying each others name when they are unsure of what to write. If you need help on the strength of your voice listen and sing with Jables.

If you have seen the movie and were dissapointed by the songs it wouldn't be the best idea to buy this album. If, like me, you are not yet young enough to sneak into the showing of this film, this album is a very good idea to spend your 10 HMV voucher you got for Xmas. If you prefer the acostic, comical side of "The D" then buy the first album. But this album is better. Way better.

Dontbeacoconut
    maby its just me but some people, *cough* xX Maverick Xx *cough* need to go and get a sence of humor. The people who dont like JB probably dont have a soul, and will mostlily burn in hell. Long Live the D
    Dontbeacoconut
    xX Maverick Xx wrote: jack black is not funny. dont even argue with me hes not...