The Pick of Destiny review by Tenacious D

• Released: Nov 14, 2006
Tenacious D: The Pick of Destiny

The band don't take themselves too seriously and this shows in their albums. Some of their songs don't make much sense unless you have seen the movie 'The Pick Of Destiny' but if you have seen the movie the album makes much more sense. The song 'Master Exploder' is probably the best song on the album whether you saw the movie or not. It has a very origional and fresh sound to it. Singer Jack Black's vocals are mind-blowing at times in this album, such as in 'Classico' or 'Master Exploder'.

The lyrics in the album basically describe what happened in the formation of the band and the story of the movie. It's almost as if you are watching the film itself when you listen to the album. This album isn't worth buying unless you've seen the movie because none of the lyrics make any sense. 'Beezleboss' is a good example. It's basically about how jack and kyle defeat satan in a rock off and the song works much better if you understand what is happening in it.

Overall I enjoyed listening to the album and I thought some songs were amazing, such as master exploder and classico and others were very dull such as 'Car Chase City'. Kyle produces some outstanding guitar solos and catchy riffs throughout the album which together with Jack's vocals creates a unique and worthwhile listening experience.

Duh4994
    The Album and Movie are Both Fantastic. Pure GENIUS!!!! I Can't wait for what the D will think of next. LONG LIVE THE D!!!!
    Give_em Hell
    Shredder Guitar
    Give_em Hell wrote: KingLawrence wrote: Beelzeboss is probably their best song imo, such brilliance. The devil on the movie is hilarious me and my friend got kicked out of class for doing that tounge thing!
    well, DUH. does it say "we'll rock the casbah" on Beelzeboss? lol
    chaoticfables
    gunsnroses#1 wrote: emos suck
    What else Oh and... TENACIOUS D!!!! SUPREME!!!! Their songs are awesome
    HolyDiver1118
    Captain Penguin
    HolyDiver1118 wrote: There are a couple of different things that make this cd really good. First and for most Jack Black and Kyle Gass' chemistry as a band. They go perfectly together. And another thing is that the guitar work is surprisingly very good. Some people may not think that it would, but it does. And lastly the lyrics are hilarious, this really makes the album stand out. So basically this cd will blow your mind, buy it now
    +1 Love the D!