The Damned, The Shamed Review

Terror: The Damned, The Shamed
Release Date: Jun 10, 2008
Label: Century Media
Genres: Heavy Metal
The Damned, The Shamed is a solid example of a CD that isn't big on originality but definitely comes through in terms of quality.
 9.5
 9.7
 9.2
review (1) 4 comments vote for this album:
The Damned, The Shamed Reviewed by: VersA, on july 04, 2008

Sound: When you put this CD in (or download it like most of you will) and click play, you'll be astonished to hear what Terror has done. At first I was in shocked by the sheer excellence of this album. I hadn't check in with Terror since "Always The Hard Way" back from 2006. I thought the band had hit their peak there but, boy oh boy was I wrong! I could not believe what I was hearing. I thought after 3 albums out in 3 consecutive years, the band was just repeating themselves. But I was pleasantly surprised that they were not. This album has everything you'd expect from Terror and far beyond. This album is everything Terror has been building up to be since the early days of "Lowest Of The Low" and, "One With The Underdog". // 10

Lyrics: What's to say? You've got your typical hardcore-esque lyrics which are perfect and fit into this music. These aggressive lyrics about struggle and hate are the perfect thing. What do you expect? Romantic lyrics? // 9

Overall Impression: This album surpasses everything Terror has done in the past. Every song kicks your ass up and down, over and over. The relentless aggression in this album is ravishing, so much power and force, I don't think there has been a hardcore album quite like this. Never Alone is definitely a track to check out. Perfect lyrics, perfect sound, perfect gang vocals. There's nothing quite like it! This definitely separates Terror from any other hardcore band around. Definitely check this CD out, I wouldn't recommend anything else! // 10

Comments