Forever More review by Tesla

• Released: Oct 7, 2008
Tesla: Forever More

I am definitely loving Tesla more and more after every single song they release. Their music never gets old, and the solos are simply amazing. I thought Tesla couldn't make anything better, but they definitely did with the new album, released this past week. The sound of the new album "Forever More" by the old-school band Tesla, is better than ever before. The quality of the CD is perfect, not a single thing the matter with it at all. The sound of each song, guitar wise, is simply amazing. The riffs kind of remind me the good ol' old-school Tesla from the 80's, nonetheless. They use many effects in this CD compared to all of there other CD's. Tesla are known to be a band not to use effects, but I hear a lot of reverb, wah-wah, and delay in their new music. The band is soloing in every song, just like Tesla does. But now you hear Dave Rude do a lot more of the main solos, then co-founder Frank Hannon. Frank Hannon usually keeps to the acoustic in this album, during the slower songs, when Rude is doing most of the soloing. The two together is definitely something that you shouldn't pass the chance to hear. The band kind of brought back the "Mechanical Resonance" styled Tesla, but with a twist to it. It's very hard to explain. This CD is just simply amazing. I definitely think it's going to go down as one of the Best Albums of '08. Each song on this album you're going to want to repeat. Nothing on this album is bad at all, and when I say nothing, I mean absolutely nothing. Everything is perfect on "Forever More" and I definitely would suggest that you go pick it up if you're a Tesla-head like myself, or else just wanting to hear a new band, if you've never heard them. Tesla is one of those bands that anyone can like if you just give them a listen.

The lyrics in this CD are exactly what I expected, and what is it that I expected? I expected another masterpiece from frontman Jeff Keith, and he did make each and every song on this album a masterpiece. My personal favorite lyrics on this album are from the song "Pvt. Ledbetter." The song is about troops going off to war. He wrote it about that topic, and the song turned out simply amazing. There cannot be a disappointment when it comes to one of the best singers around today, Jeff Keith.

I think that this CD is definitely one of my all-time favorite albums, as of now. I can definitely say that they brought back some of the Tesla sound from the 80's like I said before. And this is definitely an album that I would buy once again, if it got stolen or lost. The most impressive song on the album, in my opinion, is the title track "Forever More." The intro to the song is awesome. They start if off slow, and then after a moment they turn it into a in your face, kick your @$$, rock n' roll song.

Lohnanmilitia
    bradyg
    Lohnanmilitia wrote: yeah this cds awesome! think you could expand a little more than saying everythings just amazing, I agree overall though. Phenominal album. They still do this better than many bands of today, which is just great!!
    Dude, I tried. But there's really nothing, in my personal opinion that was bad about this album.
    tristan_deity
    Chasec718
    if only people knew tesla more...lol, they are definately not as popular as alot of bands, idk y though....this is definately one of my favorite albums
    Semiscot
    WOW!!!! What can I say? Tesla are brilliant. I am a bloke in my 50's brought up with the early rock music and hadn't heard of Tesla unfortunately. That is until one of my younger friends introduced me to their music when he played me Mechanical Resonance. I thought I had heard all the best 'heavy rock' music in the 70's but I have to say Tesla blew my socks off. I went straight out and bought Forever More straight away. I must add, I also managed to order and purchase Mechanical Resonance too. I am now on a mission to own all of their albums, which according to Wikipedia is a total of 8 I believe. Watch this space for the results. 'Awesome,' as they say.
    boknoykatok
    tristan_deity wrote: Ok i dont know this band but the fact that like only 4 other people commented must mean there pretty lame. im never going to listen to this band ever in my life.
    i think you listen too much shit music like jonas brothers and disney.. tesla are legend.. F#k you
    Mobby32