Into The Now review by Tesla

• Released: Mar 9, 2004
Tesla: Into The Now

Tesla's first album of new material in ten years. They haven't lost a step. They make this album sound fresh without sounding too old for their ages. All in their late '30s and '40s now this band, which is still intact as original members, keeps its sound very clean and very good. It isn't reinventful at all, but it is very good. They use your basic guitar, bass, drums, vocals. They use some nice effects on the guitar also. Very neat and good. It sounds like a early '90s rock record for the most part but isn't retro. It is new and fresh sounding, which is very bright to the ear. I love the classic sound here. This album specifically shows what a true rock n' roll album is. The sound and music are very very good.

Lyrics, sound, what else you need? I guess vocals. I swear Jeff Keith hasn't lost his voice from the top 10 hit "Love Song" and "Signs." His voice sounds better in my opinion. Live I don't know for sure. The lyrics go from a personal direction to a general direction. Soft ballads to your "this is it" songs. The lyrics are deep but not a "November Rain" deep song. Deep enough to the least. The lyrics bounce very nicely with the beats of the drums and guitar. The consistent singing, and songs are very tight and very right.

This is their best album. I'm not a huge Tesla fan, but I do own a couple of cds. I've heard their greatest hits of "best of" actually and it tops it off. It makes "Great Radio Controversy" look like a mediocre album. This album has everything a rock fan wants. The softer meaningful songs are "Come To Me" and "Only You." "Caught Up In A Dream" was the breakout single that got some attention. This album is a gem that is not seen. It lacked promotion. It also contains a song called "Miles Away" which gives off a Metallica style rock to it. This album needs to credit is deserves. I erge anyone to get this record. I think it is the ideal rock record up there with Appetite For Destruction and Zoso. Tesla, the electric is still there, trust me. I'll always have this album.