Altered State review by TesseracT

• Released: May 27, 2013
TesseracT: Altered State

TesseracT is a relatively new band, having formed in 2007 and at the time being considered one of the founding bands of the djent movement. Acle Kahney, founding guitarist, started working on what would come to be known as "djent" in 2003 at the same time as a few other guitarists at the time. They would post what they were working on at sevenstring.org in order to get feedback and this is where their style slowly developed. The band was formed over time, being completed in 2007. This consisted of Acle Kahney on guitar, James Monteith on guitar, Amos Williams on bass, Jay Postones on drums and Abisola Obasanya on vocals. From here the lineup has been stable except for vocals which has changed several times and currently Ashe O'Hara does lead vocals since 2012, with bassist Amos Williams providing backup vocals. Their first album, "One," released in early 2011 and now two years later we have their second full length studio release, "Altered State." The first single released from the album was the track "Nocturne" which released on October 12th, 2012 and was also provided as a free download from Century Media's SoundCloud account. The entire album was made available to stream on May 12th, 2013. The album is divided into four "movements" ("Of Matter," "Of Mind," "Of Reality," "Of Energy"), with a total of 10 tracks. The entire runtime of the album is just over 50 minutes. If you haven't heard TesseracT before, I would personally describe them as a "djent" version of Coheed & Cambria without the comic books. That comparison is just to give you an idea of their sound as TesseracT isn't any kind of copy of anyone else. This is definitely the type of album you want to listen to in its entirety. It would be a disservice to break it down in any kind of track by track analysis, but I will provide some tidbits from the album. Some of the high points of the album are the bass line from "Retrospect," and the saxophone (provided by Chris Barretto) on the tracks "Calabi-Yau" and "Embers." The guitar work throughout the album is flawless without soundling soulless, and my hat is off to both Acle Kahney and James Monteith. I'm honestly a little confused by the term "djent," as I understood it to be riffs on 7 string guitar using a lot of muted percussive sounds by that definition then this album is relatively djent. However, this does not sound anything like Periphery or Animals As Leaders. If you have any doubts about this album, the full stream is available online and the song "Nocturne" is still available as a free download. Listening to "Nocturne" will absolutely destroy any doubts you have about purchasing this album.

Ashe O'Hara does an outstanding job, providing powerful vocals with a great range, going from a fairly mid-ground low to soaring highs. Amos Williams' backing vocals are a perfect compliment to Ashe's vocals. I'm a huge fan of metal that is actually sang versus growled, screamed or grunted and this release is scratching a big itch for me. I know they've had a lot of issues keeping a vocalist, but I hope Ashe sticks around. The lyrics are pretty deep and stick to the concepts behind each "movement" on the album. Here is the first verse and chorus from "Nocturne" which is off of the "Of Mind" movement: "Climb (you're dehydrated )/ Fly (your wings are jaded)/ Cry (you're enervated)/ Die (for what you believe in)/ Try (you've nearly made it)/ Why (why why why)/ You're the plague within my dreams/ Soaring through an atmosphere of an adequate lack of strength/ And we're responsible/ the truth is that it will end here/ Denial's an impairment of your fear/ Can we save us from ourselves? / Can we save us from ourselves? (This is the savior and it's form...)"

I was completely blown away by "Altered State," plain and simple. This is definitely one of the best album releases so far in 2013, and THE BEST in the realm of progressive metal. My favorite part of the album would have to be the "Of Reality" and "Of Energy" movements, but this could be just because that was the most recent parts I heard. I definitely have to give this album the highest possible rating. I don't have a single negative thing to say about this album.

Skyvalve2012
    A little more in depth next time, please. Otherwise, I'm getting this album.
    vppark2
    I agree. As both TesseracT fans commenting on a review, I'm sure we could have written a better review. UG needs to get legit at these because if I didn't know anything about this album, or hadn't listened to it, this review would mean barely anything. Also, not to mention he gave it a 10/10, so there's bound to be much more to talk about. And hell, it's TesseracT we're talking about here, there's just so much to say about them
    Skyvalve2012
    True. There should of been more to talk about, particularly about the softer sound compared to One
    Gerard Way Jr
    The impression I've gotten from the way UG Team reviews work is that they have a guy who knows metal and the subgenres, a guy who knows electronic e tc, a guy they'll throw punk albums at, and so on. There isn't really anyone they use because they know how to reach into the core of ANY record and construct something intellectual despite something as superficial as the style. It's kind of "hey, on a slider, where would you put this album, O fan of genre x?"
    Calymos
    It's comments like these that make me want to start reviewing shit on here.
    Gerard Way Jr
    You should go for it. N-D approached me about it awhile ago, and it doesn't seem like too tough a gig to get.
    Geldin
    An all 10 review is no good to anyone. This was a solid album, but there's no way it's 10/10.
    vppark2
    "no good to anyone." What does that mean? I thought 10 could be rated on any album, whether it's a flawless record, or a masterpiece. I am not saying it is a masterpiece, but this album was most certainly flawless imo, and that is enough for me to give it a 10/10. The reviewer, however, gave no indication of that.
    Geldin
    If it's flawless, it's a masterpiece, simple as that. If there are things that prevent it from being a masterpiece, then it's flawed by nature. This album is neither flawless nor a masterpiece. It's a very solid album, but it's limited in scope and it could be better.
    Krauser
    10/10 is a little much... but not because this is a bad album. This is an incredible work and rightly deserves the title of "progressive metal masterpiece", but I don't think any album deserves a 10/10. But hey, I'm just nitpicking I guess. Regardless, this album is a masterpiece and if you have working ears and an intact soul, you owe it to yourself to experience it. And not track by track either, this is an album you sit down with and listen to straight through.
    Redfinton22
    Sethis is correct - it's a complete mind**** (especially for drummers/rhythm oriented musicians). I believe TesseracT have TRULY shown some progress with this release!
    LeperDog
    Amazing album. Excellent production, very tight drumming and (strangely) audible bass. Kahney is a djent wizard indeed, and the fact that he produced, mixed and mastered the record makes it even more appealing. Album of the year!
    mcmuffin999
    as of right now (in my book at least) its the best prog metal album of the year, hands down. the more you hear it the better it gets and its just amazing in every level. however, there will be other incredible albums coming out later in the year that will put some competition, but given how much i waited for this album i just hope it stays like this
    J.Millzzzz
    personally i dont know what some of you guys are talking about. i'd easily give this album a 10/10. there isnt a single problem with it imo. and it could be considered Djent. a big layer in djent is ambience and the clean guitars, while very prevelent, are very ambient. its just got a different focus then most Djent. you can still hear many other aspects of djent. The "Djent" chord is in there at least a few times, its got quite a few polyrhythms and the main riffs to exiled, and singularity are text book djent riffs. its not sterotypical djent, but definetly still djent
    Roran109
    This album blew my mindhole. If my mind was an orifice, considered it defiled by awesomeness.
    LightxGrenade
    People are complaining about the brevity of the review but when the whole album is streaming on youtube do you even need to read the review? Why would I get a 2nd hand account when I can just play it and form my own opinion. If no songs are up or only a single I can understand but what more does the reviewer have to say when you can click on a button and experience it for yourself? You wouldn't go to a guitar shop find the guitar you want then sit around reading reviews instead of playing it for yourself right? That being said, this album almost demands you have a decent set of headphones or speakers to truly hear every little thing going on. I love the lead singers voice. You can tell he has the ability to overtake a song with his voice but he practices restraint and makes his voice fit the song, not the song fit his voice. I admire that.
    Morphogenesis26
    Then the review should not exist. Also, what do you mean by "decent" set of headphones or speakers? I just have some simple earbuds that let me hear stuff just fine, but if you're talking some 70 dollar and above headphones then **** off because that's a ridiculous thing.
    LightxGrenade
    No shit sherlock, but it does exist and we don't need it so why even get butt hurt over the fact that it's brief. Listen to the full album stream and make up your own mind this thing serves nothing more than an announcement that it's streaming on YT. I use headphones from my home studio and connect my computer to my amp mod. Get a home studio and use ear buds and I'll tell you to **** off.
    stoltobot
    I wouldn't have known the album existed if not for this review, as amateurish as it is.
    TheXBlackening
    TesseracT are a very talented band, and this is an excellent album. Do yourself a favour and listen to the album in it's entirety. Ashe O'Hara writes very interesting vocal lines and is a great singer - both live and in the studio. Taking over from Dan Tompkins was a very difficult task, as Dan is a phenomenal singer, and I feel Ashe did an admirable job throughout Altered State. I saw Tesseract in Sydney back in 2011, and they absolutely killed it, one of the best shows I have ever seen. Now, about the review. I am ****ing sick of everyone complaining about the 10/10 rating for Altered State. The production of this album is nothing short of amazing. The drums are tight, crisp and rich, the kicks do not click, and the snare is not excessively sharp - a problem with most metal recordings these days. Furthermore, Acle Kahney has done a superb job at mixing the guitars - they are perfectly mixed. Plenty of rich mid range frequencies, no cutting treble, and no flabby bass. And as for the singing, Ashe perfectly amalgamates harmony and dynamics to create soaring crescendos that augment every song on the record. The singing really is top notch. Moreover, the production quality of this album blows most bands out of the water. Altered State sets a very high watermark. Even if you did not enjoy album - a lot of people are bitching about the singing or it "not being metal" - the album is remarkably well produced and conceptualized. The attention to detail throughout the Altered State is staggering. Altered State is the natural progression from One, and it is quite different to most other music being produced at the moment. Tesseract are combining clean vocals, jarring polyrhythms, lush soundscapes and unusual song structures to create music that is innovative and relatively unique, and I commend them for that. If you don't like the album, that's fine, you're entitled to your opinion, but I think the album more than deserves it's rating.
    crazysam23_Atax
    And here we observe the fanboy in his natural environment.
    TheXBlackening
    Is that really all you have to say? You actually attempted to define this album as "Prog Rock." You don't have a ****ing clue mate. All of your arguments about this album seem to be weak and reductive. If you are going to make an argument, then justify it. I actually made an attempt to analyze the music and construct a decent argument, why don't you try the same? Or you can keep spouting mindless shit - you seem to be very good at that.
    vppark2
    Guess he is considered UG's "prog know-it-all". Sam, I think you like good music, but the way youre talking to us is like youre talking down to us. Ive had the same issue with other people on Periphery's last album, saying that the singing was too "poppy"...like honestly if youre bored by this dude's vocals, then you might as well stop listening to anything to do with prog in general.
    Redfinton22
    Except for this comment, I don't really see why everyone is giving you such a hard time lol. God forbid you have an opinion on something, right?
    westley23j
    i love this album, but i have to say that sounded alot like a copy/paste moment from TheXBlackening...
    TheXBlackening
    A copy and paste moment? I study English Literature and I've played guitar for over ten years mate. I've written a lot of essays.
    iammclovin
    Absolutely amazing, cheered me up after my hockey team was eliminated from the playoffs. Went to the park and listened to it and was just blown away.
    FallenAsh
    This album is freakin' immense. The only thing stopping it from being 10/10 is that some arse in the production team decided it was a good idea to add tons of pitch correction onto Ashe's voice all the way through. So much of his hard work on the record has been horribly Melodyne'd, it makes me very sad because he is a great singer and does not need pitch correction I want singers to sound human goddamn it is that so much to ask??? Otherwise it's a stellar album, the melodies themselves and the riffs, atmosphere and structure are near perfection!
    Geldin
    It's less pitch correction and more vocoders. That's been a part of TesseracT's sound for a while - it helps create an androgynous, ethereal voice. I kind of dig it, but I can definitely see where others might take issue.
    owen94
    The grammar and syntax in the UGTeam review is god-awful. Please take more time when writing reviews UG.
    Geldin
    ...and then when UG puts out a well thought out and intelligent review (like Duncan's review for Pelagial), everyone gets their panties in a knot. You can't have it both ways, UGers.
    owen94
    I wouldn't ever criticize a well thought out opinion that doesn't agree with mine, but still I agree with your point.
    ordinary_story
    lol at all the newbies just here because of the high rating. Tesseract are a breath of fresh air in the metal/djent scene, come back when your ears are a bit more opened.
    Gerard Way Jr
    High ratings are good. 10/10 is cringe-worthy. Especially when UG Team writing rules basically attempt to put a cap on low ratings. One would think they'd do the same for the high ones, even for an album apparently (according to the rating) as good or better than DSOTM/Zep 1/A Night At The Opera/everything ever made.
    ordinary_story
    Well it's all subjective really.. ratings don't really help music that is so vastly different to what the uninitiated ears expect. It took me quite a no. of listens to finally appreciate the first album. It's ambient and subtle grooves are a thing of beauty.. Open your ears and listen..
    Morphogenesis26
    God, you people are pretentious as shit.
    ordinary_story
    That's innacurate but thanks for your input.
    Morphogenesis26
    1. Claiming or demanding a position of distinction or merit, especially when unjustified. Seems accurate to me.
    ordinary_story
    I'm not saying it's the best thing since sliced bread, it's just different and you only have to open yourself up to it. I'm talking about the first album though, yet to give this one a good listen.
    test1cles
    This album really dissappointed me. I don't get the hype at all . It's like it's the same 4 or 5 riffs all over, and the drums are the same through the entire thing. And the vocals are too weak and flat, and the bass tone annoys me. Yeah, I don't like it at all.
    kafirr
    if you think this album is anything less than that of a masterpiece, you are wrong.
    Maxim1110
    It's pretty good, but THE best in the realm of progressive metal this year? It doesn't even get close to Leprous' Coal.
    crazysam23_Atax
    It doesn't even come close to a lot of Prog Metal, this year or otherwise. But it's also NOT Prog Metal (it's Prog Rock). I explained why below.
    Ibanezrocker800
    If a majority of people call it prog metal, then it is prog metal. Genres are just a human invention. Without human ears and brains assigning relative descriptions to them, the things we call "sound" and "music sounds" or "prog metal music sounds" (or other genre, you get it) would just be waves floating about the universe. If a majority of humans agree on what something is called, then that is what it is called. No matter what you personally would call it.
    DreamGate
    Although I wont get into the 'what is djent' battle. I will just agree that Djent isnt synonymous to Prog metal/rock. Some band might be progressive but that dosent mean they all are (And no, having lots of rythmic displacements or polyrhythms does not make it progressive). Now that my opinion is out of way. Its a solid album. Nothing short of what was expected but as the reviewer said, The harsher vocals tend to be a turn off. (I am a death metal fanatic, but in this kind of music.) So i'm quite content. But if I could have my way, i would have prefered a more.... Mature? (I dont know) vocalist with a more powerfeul voice. But a solid album. Definitely up the with be best of the year and deserves a 9/10 (10, I keep for game changers). And even if my parent died due to the release of this album, I'd still give it an 8.
    crazysam23_Atax
    I don't see how this deserves 10/10 by any means. It's not a masterpiece at all. That said, it is a solid Prog Rock album. (I don't think of it as Prog Metal, because [as ChemicalFire pointed out to me] it's not Metal.) Anyway, I may buy this. Edit: You mentioned Animals As Leaders as "djent". They're not. Also, this album isn't Djent either. It's Prog Rock. Djent is simply rhythmically-oriented heavy metal with low-tuned guitars that doesn't focus on lead or melody (except as an augmentation to the rhythm); think Meshuggah on steroids and shoved through a blender.
    ProgFripp74
    Always one to spark the "what is djent?" debate aren't you? I agree about the album not being a masterpiece but it's a solid 9/10 at least. Melodically it's better than 'One' and I suppose the vocals prevent it from being a "true metal" record which isn't the worst the thing by any means. However to say it isn't metal at all isn't strictly true, take away the softer vocals and instrumentally it could be considered ambient prog-metal. Think of King Crimson's Red album, it's clearly prog but has elements of metal here and there and I guess this album is in a similar vein.
    crazysam23_Atax
    "Always one to spark the "what is djent?" debate aren't you?" -- Was merely a minor thought. But AAL aren't djent; they're Prog Metal. (And no, Djent isn't a type of Prog Metal either. Listen to as much Prog-tinged Metal as I do, and that should be obvious.) /shrug "I agree about the album not being a masterpiece but it's a solid 9/10 at least." Compared to most Prog, it's not anywhere near a 9. I'd rate it a 7.5. As an example, compare this to bands like Leprous or Akphaezya or Avantasia, in terms of scope or composition. It wouldn't hold up. "Melodically it's better than 'One' and I suppose the vocals prevent it from being a "true metal" record which isn't the worst the thing by any means." The vocals aren't what make it NOT Metal. It's the arrangement; it's the way that the clean guitars are in the forefront most of the time. The rhythm guitar parts are also written in a style that is more rock than Metal. You can't just have a bunch of low-tuned interesting rhythm parts and call it Metal. I would say that the KC Red comparison is accurate, even though Red is much better in terms of scope and composition.
    dennymcf
    who cares what genre it is. all that matters is that it either sounds good or bad. no point in putting it in a pigeon hole
    crazysam23_Atax
    The genre really doesn't matter, I agree. However, I don't think it's good enough to deserve a 10. My main point was that it's not as great as everyone's making it out to be.
    Molomono
    Just because you disagree with the general public on what genre something is doesn't mean you are right. It generally means you should keep your mouth shut or you will catch a lot of shit.
    Fuzorz
    yay glad you said it so I don't have to, anyway: 1. This album is not very heavy 2. I wouldn't say it's not metal butIt definitely has nothing to do with Prog Metal. 3. prog metal = opeth, circus maximus, andromeda etc. Them and Tesseract have almost zero in common. I don't care if i'm in the minority here about this.. and if everyone enjoys it that's totally fine by me! they just shouldn't hail it as "best prog metal release of the year" or something .
    MrZEDO
    I liked that Nocturne song, so I looked up the singer and... IT'S A GUY?!?!? No. Really? Okay. Still just as nice to listen to, but the more I heard the more sure I was that a lady was singing. More proof that you never really know now-a-days.
    Morphogenesis26
    Fuck this shit. I listened to it a second time all the way through and I can't stand anything in it.
    Redfinton22
    I voted you up purely cuz you actually gave it another shot. Also, I can see now I came off like a total jerk up there lol, pretty uncalled for on my part. Sorry man
    Morphogenesis26
    It's fine, I probably didn't give it as much attention the first time since I noticed a lot more this time. I can understand it's appeal, but the high praise it gets just doesn't make sense to me. :/ If I had to put a number score on it it'd be 5/10. It's got quite a few catchy moments, but the vocals feel out of place a lot of the time and the drums are very same-y sounding with each section. I also don't understand the point of the Saxophone at the end. >_>
    Redfinton22
    Totally agree with you about the sax actually, though it seems like we're the only two in the world that feel that way about it haha
    crazysam23_Atax
    As I keep saying to you, man; it's just average Prog Rock. It's not deserving of its hype.
    LeperDog
    QOTSA and Dave Grohl don't deserve their hype. TesseracT does.
    RocknRollRay
    your out of you goddamn mind if u think this album comes anywhere close to Like Clockwork lol get your ears checked
    vppark2
    Theyre both just as good albums. But I think Dillinger Escape Plan's latest album gets best album so far this year.
    LeperDog
    Dillinger's new record was absolutely bone-crushing. Every single track on that album was killer, unlike shitty QOTSA. TDEP deserve all the praise they get.
    LeperDog
    "...Like Clockwork" was a terrible record, plagued by guest appearances. I've never understood they hype people like Homme and Grohl get, when there are plenty of much more talented musicians out there who don't feed off all they hype they get by stupid people like yourself.
    Gerard Way Jr
    10? You have got to be shitting me.
    vppark2
    Its honestly not the score that irritates me, but how little in depth the review went because he gave it that score. 4 out of 6 people thought the review was helpful? You have got to be shitting me.
    Gerard Way Jr
    Oh, there are lots of things that I meant by it. The score is ridiculous, yes, but the insanity of a review that gives 10/10 without justifying any of it was also on mind. I'd feel bad hitting "no"; it doesn't seem couth to downvote a teammate. Gotta say, though, these reviews could still use a kick in the balls.
    LeperDog
    Screw what the reviewer gives it. Listen to it for yourself and award it your own points. Ta-da!
    Calymos
    Man, I listened to this, and it's like... boring. Is it supposed to be boring? I really wanted to enjoy it, but it's the same thing for like an hour. Though, to be fair, I was thinking it sounded like Cynic and Exevious, sooooo...
    LeperDog
    It's not supposed to be boring, but neither are you supposed to be such a douchebag. So we'll talk when you land a decent progressive rock album.
    Calymos
    Can you please tell me what exactly is progressive about a muted downstroke with barely noticeable variation in rhythm? Please? I would absolutely love to enjoy this. Yeah, there are vocals and various other instruments, this is true. The rhythm of it is certainly interesting, but there's more to interesting music than a good drummer. It reminded me of how I feel about Coldplay. There's a ton of buildup, and then I didn't find a release for it. In my opinion, that's what elevator music is, 'cause at least then, you get to leave the elevator. I listen to ambient music as a general rule, and I was expecting something with more flavour- prog rock is not generally ambient music. Go listen to Pink Floyd, Gentle Giant, Yes, King Crimson, Genesis, Muse, the Mars Volta, anything. This is not by any means progressive, not from a rock and roll standpoint. Djent? Sure. Ambient Metal? Sure. Progressive rock? Nope. Let me know if you're going to define terms, assuming you want to hold an actual debate on what this music is; your ad hominem attack doesn't really support an argument of sorts. The escalation of conflict for my stating my opinion is somewhat unwarranted, but given the general style of fanboy for this genre, I'm not surprised.
    LeperDog
    Quit bulshitting dude. The album is everything but boring. That's what your comment was. This album has a lot of time and energy invested into it, nothing much is computerized. It's not fanboyism, just think of it as appreciation for someone's invested energy into it without having the backing or influence of some major bloodsucking record label. And as far as the genre thing goes, this is progressive rock to me, as is to many people who enjoyed this record.
    Calymos
    That's fantastic, I'm glad you enjoy it. I'm glad people enjoy it. It's not for me, as far as I can tell. Why is this progressive rock to you? I'm genuinely curious, like I said, I would love to actually enjoy listening to it; if there's something that I'm intrinsically missing, please point it out to me. If you're feeling so inclined, how am I bullshitting for sharing my opinion?
    Morphogenesis26
    I found it as boring as watching balls wobble. It felt dry, drawn out, and with memorable moments that were few and far between. I would not call this Metal, I don't think I could call it Rock in good conscience. It's an ambient album with some distorted guitars and growling, and it's definitely not good enough to receive a perfect score.
    Redfinton22
    There is literally no growling on this record. For ****'s sake, did you even listen to it?
    Redfinton22
    Also, openly deciding it's not metal, then proceeding to decide it doesn't even fall into the general category of rock, THEN giving a pretty poor description of it in general is just pretentious at the very best. Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't give it a perfect score by any means either..I'd probably give it an 8. But at this point I just sorta doubt you've even given the record a proper listen.
    Morphogenesis26
    I swear I heard some growls on it. Maybe I'm thinking of the heavier riffs. And yeah, I listened to half of it before I turned it off out of boredom. "Proper listen"? Does sitting there doing nothing but listening count as a proper listen?
    crazysam23_Atax
    I'd give it a 7. It's a solid Prog Rock (it most certainly fits in with modern Prog Rock) album, but it's not worth a 10. It's nothing revolutionary by any means. @Redfinton22: His description of it as "an ambient album with some distorted guitars" is actually accurate, even if incomplete.
    LeperDog
    There's no growls in it you douchebag. Stop hating needlessly and land a record if you have it in you.
    RocknRollRay
    wow 25 minutes i gave it. i dont think id listen to it again. i didnt like the vocals, its just constant over emotional moaning most of the time, very forgettable singing. to be fair, at least the vocals were produced okay. the guitars dont really do much, they just keep the beat, some "jazz" spasms here and there. the drums sound like theyre trying to keep it interesting, probably the most pleasant aspect of this band. edit: so if 5 was average then 4/10 for me. i dont really see much "talent" here, i mean if u call talent keeping a semi complex beat and singing the same style for most of the album. i didnt hear any bass lines that caught my attention at all. i dont know how this could have been better, its just boring tbh, possibly trying too hard... just not a good album from what i heard, i didnt enjoy it, not because it wasnt metal or proggy enough, what was there wasnt anything special for me. i dont see what the big fuss is about, looking at individual parts or the bigger picture doesnt really help me like this album more. its very mediocre in my opinion, maybe its because ive heard more interesting music. its not like im hating on them, ive never heard this band before but ive heard so much about them. i was let down, maybe some of their earlier stuff is better. just an honest opinion after listening to the album.
    vppark2
    over emotional moaning? dude, are you fricking retarted? Anyways, I do respect the other stuff you said, but these guys have talent whether you like them or not.
    LeperDog
    You, sir, are full of pigscum.
    RocknRollRay
    excellent response, to the both of you actually. talent is an actual THING that can be heard, sadly not in this album. insults instead of discussion, stay classy.
    vppark2
    So much facepalm in your response. This is why we cant have the things we love. People like you make me sick.
    Calymos
    This review smells like fanboys. How many downvotes are you kids gonna throw at me for disagreement? I didn't like the album, does that make me a bad person or something?
    RocknRollRay
    sounds very over emotional and over dramatic from those two tracks, ill have to listen to the whole thing im sure. 10/10 is always a red flag
    crazysam23_Atax
    10/10 is usually a sign that the review is a total fanboy. Sorry, Brandon East, but you wouldn't have been the one I'd have picked to write this review, if I'd had a choice. I realize that the UG Team is mods or CC's, and no one really decides who reviews what. But even so...this fanboyism is embarrassing.