Concealing Fate review by TesseracT

• Released: Oct 12, 2010
TesseracT: Concealing Fate

TesseracT have created a very unique sound for themselves, borrowing from Acle's other band Fell Silent, Meshuggah, and adding their own touch and feel to it, which controls the whole thing. The amazing guitar tones with the muted strumming and the slap-bass in co-ordination with the drums really makes for some interesting patterns, but not complex enough to disturb thought. Rather, it encourages thought and is very natural. The incredible part is how hard it is to actually keep up with the patterns, they're much more complex than they sound.

The lyrics were very vague, just the way I like them. Although was a sort of concept with the song names and ideas, the concept was kept very vague and wasn't overly specific or intrusive. Absolutely the way I like it. The singer is one of the most skilled metal clean singers I have ever heard, and is a perfect fit for this band.

One of my favorite releases ever. I can listen to it from top to bottom with my eyes closed and forget about everything else I need to do. It provokes introspective thought in me, which not a lot of music does nowadays. I generally have very high standards when writing a review, but "Concealing Fate" whooped my a-s. I have no trouble giving this a 9, if only because there isn't enough music on it. I eagerly await their album.

travislausch
    Instead of hating this band "because they're djent", I'm not the biggest fan because they just come off as yet another third-rate Meshuggah clone whose music lacks the one thing that makes Meshuggah awesome: emotional substance. I felt NOTHING through the entirety of this music. The eerie atmospherics came off as forced, the "technical" riffs just seemed like pandering to the Meshuggah crowd. It's like there was no attempt to even be original here. Nothing about this record evoked a single emotion, which is enough for me to dislike it.
    Brendan.Clace
    Probably my favourite release so far this year. TesseracT is NOT Messhugah, and in the same way Messhugah is NOT TesseracT. Djent =/= Messhugah. If ANYTHING, some of the parts on this EP remind me of Sol Niger Within, except with nicer vocals