The Burning Hour review by Test Your Reflex

• Released: Apr 24, 2007
Test Your Reflex: The Burning Hour

Bringing back the delightful "synth" sound of the '80s, TYR illuminates the music scene, as an original band with the components of releasing multiple singles. The lead singer, Ryan Levine, has an accent that also gives it that British Pop feel, but in truth this humble band began in the small city of Thousand Oaks. The songs, you will find, are often danceable, and soft upon the ears, and packed with soft melodies. Even live, Test Your Reflex impressed me greatly, I saw them a few months ago in Thousand Oaks, and absolutely loved it. At that point, they were an unknown band, but once my friend and I heard it we looked at each other, and ran over to the merchandise stand to buy a t-shirt. This is truly the band for any 80's synth fans!

The lyrics although, quite mainstream, catch your ear. Not the most inspired lines, but motivated still. They've mostly been done before, but the lyrics are not the focal point with this band. I believe they aim to create a danceable sound, which will cheer up the most depressed teenager. The singer is quite mediocre, with a slight drawl that keeps it brilliantly interesting. Imperfection is the key to great music.

Test Your Reflex is a fantastic young band, which has a bright future ahead of them, and hopefully many more records. I believe that Black Hearts could be the next big single, and if they push it enough, it will really get their name out there. If The Burning Hour were stolen or lost, I would most definitely go out and repurchase it. My loyalty towards these young, great musicians is strong.

Will-Low
    i heard their free itunes single and then i was hooked. im a metal head too.