The Formation Of Damnation review by Testament

• Released: Apr 29, 2008
Testament: The Formation Of Damnation

Man, At the time, I've only heard one Testament song which was "Souls of black" and I loved it. I was on holiday and at Taiwan trying to find heavy metal albums. I picked up this CD and "The system has failed" by Megadeth. The songs on this album were very different from Souls of black. This is a very modern sounding thrash metal album to my ears and I instantly fell in love with it. It's extremely heavy, sound quality is very good. The heavy distortion on the guitars is very nice and thick sounding. The drums are very intense and I love them soooooo much.

His singing is so good, they were way more intense than Souls of black. The vocals are utterly utterly utterly perfect!!! However the lyrics seem a bit cliche here or there, sometimes very cheesy however, they're good lyrics. I love chuck billy's vocals, they are my favourite heavy metal vocals of all time, especially in the track "The formation of damnation".

This is a very very very very good album. It is one of my favourites. It shows that thrash is still alive and well. I think testament is a very underrated band. They should be up there with metallica, megadeth and slayer. My favourite songs are... actually, to be honest, I love every single song equally. This album is flawless. There's nothing I hate about it. Very nice album. My favourite album released in 2008 to be precise. Well done testament!