The New Order review by Testament

• Released: Jan 1, 1988
Testament: The New Order

This album has an amazing, do to Alex Skolnick's lead guitar, he makes the album what it is in my opinion. Alex Skolnick = Kirk Hammett with ten times more shred and much more variation, and amazing lead work. There is a lot of clean/acoustic stuff with lead that will keep you begging for more. Also a lot of eerie tracks. The quality of this album isn't the best, but the music more than makes up for it. This isn't just stereotypical metal, testament throws in a lot of different beats, that will make you bang your head, well worth your time.

The lyrics weren't extremely impressive to me, though they are fitting with all the songs, which is a plus. Chuck Billy (vocalist) has a unique style and can sing in many different ways. Sings clean, can throw in the growl, and sing with a powerful deep voice.

When I first heard of Testament I heard they were comparable to Metallica, I have now come to the conclusion that they blow Metallica out of the water, and a much more creative. The most classic tracks being "Trial By Fire," "The Preacher," "Musical Death." I love that there is so much variety to the album, a couple instrumentals that blow my mind, some creepy clean stuff, and some headbang worthy thrash tracks. If it were stolen or lost I would definately by this again, it's well worth the money.