Absolute Zero review by Tetrafusion

• Released: Feb 24, 2009
Tetrafusion: Absolute Zero

In the past couple years it's become increasingly difficult to find good instrumental music, let alone good music in general, but Tetrafusion's debut album Absolute Zero could change that. Absolute Zero is definitely one of the best albums of the year despite the lack of a singer. The album is based on the concept of the universe starting with the Big Bang and finishing with the universe's demise, without a single word being uttered. The thing I love about this album is that it feels like an epic music journey from start to finish. Every song just flows, for instance the song Dark Matter it begins with a cello and a piano playing together and at 1:28 the cello disappears and a perfect transition to guitar begins without skipping a beat. Another great song on this album is The End, my personal favorite; it's a 15-minute epic and even if this were the only song on the album I would still pay 10 dollars for it. I only have one problem with the whole album and it's that at some points in the album the distorted guitar lacks tone; it's not even that noticeable and it rarely happens but that's the only thing stopping me from giving this album a 10.

Despite the lack of any singing in Absolute Zero Tetrafusion still does a great job telling a story. In the song The End the band has no problem expressing the feeling of inevitable doom and chaos. Even without lyrics, this song has epic written all over it.

The thing that stands out on Absolute zero is the amazing layering and the unbelievable transitions. I listen to a lot of music, but never have I heard a 15-minute instrumental song that kept my interest the whole time. Absolute zero is definitely a modern masterpiece. I, without a doubt, put this in my top ten best albums of 2009. If you don't get hooked within the first song this album isn't for you. Absolute Zero is a definite buy for people who like Dream Theater, Genesis, Between the Buried and Me, Yes, King Crimson, or progressive rock in general. Although Tetrafusion is amazingly talented they have yet to have any real commercial success, and That's sad thing about music the best bands are always in the shadows of bands like My Chemical Romance or The Jonas Brothers so I ask that everyone help support Tetrafusion and buy Absolute Zero you wont be disappointed.

EstringEdward
    wow. just got this album on itunes. ****ing amazing work, i dont see how ive never heard of them before. blown away, completely. i actually think the guitar tone is pretty good, for a debut album. rest of the album's production is flawless IMO. :tup:
    ordinary_story
    Well the lead sound is fine..but the rhythm has really no punch...it sounds like my crappy MG.....seriously.
    TimurFusion
    They are really monsters!) They added me on myspace I want to see their GP Tabs))
    WyldeKnotHead
    tetrafusion is a really good band! They added me on myspace a couple days ago and the first song I heard blew me away! Each song I have heard so far, 4, sound well structured and I am becoming a major fan already!