One Reality Review

artist: Texas in July date: 08/02/2012 category: compact discs

Sign up to get weekly digest with top stories from UG. Ad free, only news.

Thanks for subscribing! Check your email soon for some great stories from UG

Texas in July: One Reality
Released: Apr 26, 2011
Genre: Metalcore
Label: Equal Vision
TIJ is now on their second full-length album, and it is quite a good effort indeed.
 7.5
 7.7
 7.3
review (1) 2 comments vote for this album:
One Reality Reviewed by: vppark2, on august 02, 2012

Sound: TIJ is now on their second full-length album, and it is quite a good effort indeed, but I am still not quite seeing the big improvements that I had wanted from their last album of theirs. // 8

Lyrics: "Magnolia" is definitely one of my favorite songs off the album. My favorite lines in the song are, "I'm sorry that this is how it has to be in the end. I simply have nothing left to give. You've drained me, For the worst, I'm the one that always put you first, I am alone. You let me down." Powerful lyrics from a powerful voice. I seriously understand where this guy is coming from. Like I have had friends that will use me, when I had done so much for them, since I am just that nice, and then they don't realize how much I care for them. // 7

Overall Impression: The sound has stepped up a bit than from their first album, but I am still seeing the flaws from them that still need to be solved. I did not see the best of lyrics yet, and I would really like to one their next effort. Still a good album, though. // 8

Comments