Stories From A Lost Realm: Part One review by The A.X.E. Project

• Reviewer's score: 7 Good
The A.X.E. Project: Stories From A Lost Realm: Part One

Instruments used: guitars, bass guitar, vocals, drums, flute.

Performers:
Rosen Georgiev - Guitars
Georgy Georgiev - Bass, Vocals
Petya Plugchieva - Vocals
Stoyan Petrov - Drums
Rosen Mehanov - Solo Guitar
Dragomir Draganov - Additional Guitars
Sophia Vasileva - Flute

I personally think that the sound is good enough. The band worked really hard for this debut album and I give them extra points for that. The only flaw I think, is that the drums aren't recorded in a studio, but built on Cubase 5.

I think that the lyrics are very good. They really put you in another mysterious world. There's all a man can want from a gothic band in their lyrics - "Werewolf," "Mountain Queen," "Sacrifices," "Celts," "Dark Tale," "16 Nights," "Pain"... All these songs fulfilled my expectations from the album. And we shouldn't forget about the female vocal - Petya Plugchieva, an opera singer, that brings the music to a whole new level. There's even a Latin choir in the second song of the album - "Dark Tale."

I would compare the band (and album) to The Sins Of Thy Beloved, except that The A.X.E. Project doesn't have hard "death" male vocals. For me, the most impresive song from the album is "Mountain Queen." I recommend it to everyone. Here's a live link.

So... I think that for a Bulgarian band, The A.X.E. Project did very well on their first album. Overall opinion - the album's very interesting for listening. I would definitely buy another The A.X.E. Project album.