Riders Of The Plague review by The Absence

• Released: Aug 7, 2007
The Absence: Riders Of The Plague

The Absence release another great album, The 2nd full length one from the band titled, Riders Of The Plague. Riders Of The Plague is one of the greatest melodic death metal albums I've ever heard. The Absence isn't very well-known and deserve more credit with this release. The guitar work in this album is too, amazing. Catchy riffs with either very thrashy solos, or just slow clean ones. So, this is Rider Of The Plague.

There was nothing very special about the lyrics overall in this album. Like many melodic death metal bands, it was mostly singing about death, but it did have some key points behind the lyrics. The vocalist, I think, is magnificent melodic death metal vocolist. The vocolist is one of the reasons that caught my attention to this band. He has very clean growl and scream. His vocals mixes great with the guitar.

My overall impression of this album is wow. That's all I can say. This album appealed to me even though I'm not the biggest fan of Melodic Death Metal. Like I said before, they deserve more credit. It had thrashy guitar, fast drumming, and great screaming. It is very in-your-face. Some of the most impresive songs on this album are: Echos, Dead And Gone, and Into The Pit. Into The Pit is a cover, one of the best ones I've heard. It was originaly made by Testament, and the cover turned out golden. If Riders Of The Plague was stolen, I would defenitly buy it again x2.

Killswitch666
    This album is by far one of the best melodeath albums ever made in my opinion. It has an old school feel as it has thrashy sound mixed with 2-3 solos per song, but new school in its melodic nature. Almost as if Slayer and Megadeth met At the Gates and said "Hey let's make the most awesome mix known to mankind".. I love this band. Definately one of my new tops.
    Shinozoku
    This album blows so many others out of the water, as does the band :cheers: I need to pop this CD in my car again, actually...