Almost Here review by The Academy Is...

• Released: Feb 8, 2005
The Academy Is...: Almost Here

The sound is very light, its very easy to listen to. The lead singer's voice is amazing. The style is just your typical indie-pop punk kind of music: but it's far from average. Sometimes the sound is very happy and upbeat and then its very driven and emotional. What impressed me is the "vocal distorter" that the singer uses in a few songs.

My overall impression of the lyrics was of course a positive one. I just love how this band doesnt care about the media or the press; they just wanna play. Since they began with their EP, their main focus in their lyrics is just pure feeling. This show's so brightly in this album. The singer's skills are so unbelievable. They'll blow anyone away.

The Academy Is probably compares the most to Fall Out Boy or Motion City Soundtrack. When it comes down to which songs are most impressive; I cant really decide. Mostly because the entire CD is imressive. I love how each song responds with the next one or the previous song. If this CD was stolen or lost of course I'd buy it again.

Supadude
    I love it aswell m8 so don't feel alone!!!! Favorites: Almost Here, Checkmarks, Slow Down and Down & Out!
    [NIN]_ROCK!
    <TYLER>
    PANIC! is really supporting them....there unique sound sets them apart...
    Bored_Azian_92
    [NIN]_ROCK! wrote: Never heard a song by them,but they caught my attention the day I first heard about them.Can you tell me please what are the key-tracks on this album?If I like them,I'm definitely going to buy it
    a good track and my personal fav is the phrase that pays