Santi review by The Academy Is...

• Released: Apr 3, 2007
  • Reviewer's score: 5 Decent
The Academy Is...: Santi

I've been a huge fan of The Academy Is... ever since Almost Here (TAI's debut album), but I can't say that I've had the pleasure of knowing of them back when they were called The Academy. TAI's signature sound to me is a lot different from Almost Here to Santi. It was not really the type of album I expected from them, but of course it didn't disappoint me. I love Santi and I think it is a great album, but I have to admit I liked Almost Here better. William Beckett (vocalist) has an amazing voice and makes all the songs from the album sound great.

The lyrics, like in Almost Here, are really powerful and reveal a lot of William Beckett's (the lyricist and main vocalist) inner thoughts and feelings. The lyrics match the music perfectly; especially in "Everything We Had". I love this song because it is so emotional and Beckett sings it so wonderfully.

This is definately one of my favorite albums and ever since it came out, I have been listening to it nonstop! My favorite songs are "We've Got A Big Mess On Our Hands", "Everything We Had", and "Neighbors". I think "Neighbors" is close to the original sound of the band from Almost Here. "We've Got a Big Mess on Our Hands" is very catchy and it's almost impossible to not get this song stuck in your head after listening to it! If I lost or broke this CD, it would be worth every penny to buy it back (over and over again). Overall, this is a great album and I'd definately recommend it to big alternative fans.

sup lauren
    agreed. almost here was amazing. santi isn't THAT good at all... i do think "Seed" is amazing though if i broke it i wouldn't re-buy it though hah
    Toxin Tonix
    this is nice album, better than their last one.. i like the new single! it's so addictive!!
    deanosaurx
    the new single was horrible, but maybe i just need to listen to some of the other songs.
    "tear_catcher"
    This cd i beleive is alot better then their first one.I can actually sit and listen to the whole thing.
    nickel3t
    Santi is terrible with the exception of Seed, Neighbors, and same blood...
    rob_rob666
    i love the academy is but this i must say was a BIG letdown,it really is nothing compared to almost here,plus the guys voice sounds reli feminine now
    aliceinnirvana
    My favourite from it is Seed, hands down. It's awfully amazing in my own opinion. It took a few listens to really like this cd. But now I am really impressed. This band has improved and grown a lot since Almost Here.
    JoNnHannah
    The CD isnt that great. (I say that because you think you're rating it high) The songs arent that catchy other than the singles they arent even that good.
    boyan89
    lmao i havent even heard this band ive heard of them but the highest rating on this site is a 10 not a 5 lmfao!!!!
    punk8080@aol.co
    BANDS CANT BE THE SAME ALLTHE TIME SANTI IS AMAZING ITS SOMETHING NEW ITS LIKE THE SAME TRANSITION FROM FIRST TO LAST MADE WITH HEROINE