Genre: Punk Rock
Label: Razor Records
Number Of Tracks: 13
The sound of this album is still very droogy, "Clockwork Orange", steampunk type sound. It's all about strange guitar sounds (scratchy) and its really upbeat and lighthearted and fun.
Sound Of Music
aaronmcm99, on december 13, 2012 0 of 0 people found this review helpful
Sound: Since No one else has reviewed other Adicts albums I've taken it on myself to review The Adicts' album "Sound Of Music". The sound is still very droogy, "Clockwork Orange", steampunk type sound. It's all about strange guitar sounds (scratchy) and its really upbeat and lighthearted and fun. They play their instruments fairly well, I mean, there's no facemelting solos or epic ballads but given its punk that kinda defeats the purpose. The drummer is good, not the best album to represent himself as a drummer but still good nonetheless. Unlike a lot of early punk albums its not repetitive and does a fairly good job at keeping variety. // 8
Lyrics: The lyrics aren't serious or deeply political or meaningful but its not supposed to be. Its fun and light hearted and just about having a good time and about having catchy tunes. The lyrics DO feel a little out of place with the music, its a weird but groovy listening experience and doesn't really spoil anything though. As far as singer skills go its a different story. His voice is incredibly... Off? In this album? I dunno. His voice is good and unique in general but here it just sounds off here. // 7
Overall Impression: 01. "How Sad" - Good opening but nothing exceptional.
02. "4-3-2-1" - good but again nothing spectacular.
03. "Chinese Takeaway" - a standout song and very catchy.
04. "Johny Was A Soldier" - sounds good and fairly good lyrics.
05. "Disco" - bad song not catchy at all.
06. "Eyes In The Back Of Your Head" - really awful.
07. "Joker In The Pack" - seriously good with some pretty awesome melodies.
08. "Lullaby" - good song good riff.
09. "Steamroller" - classic Adicts and really stellar song.
10. "A Mans Gotta Do" - back to mediocrity.
11. "Lets Go" - okay I guess.
12. "Easy Way Out" - ugh just bad.
13. "Shake Rattle Bang Your Head" - a stellar closing.
Overall good but not outstanding album.