The Agony Scene Review

The Agony Scene: The Agony Scene
Release Date: Jun 10, 2003
Label: Solid State
Genres: Death Metal/Black Metal, Heavy Metal
This is amazing, fast pace, thrash inspired, melodic metalcore, which easily stands out from any other metalcore you've heard.
 9.5
review (1) 3 comments vote for this album:
The Agony Scene Reviewed by: godrestthyweary, on may 10, 2006

Sound: I loved this debut album. It was one of my first cds, and I loved every second of it. It's sort of raw compared to their sophmore release The Darkest Red, but it's still just as good. It's a little more brutal than their new stuff, and it doesn't have as much clear vocals in it. For the most part it is all screams. They covered The Rolling Stone's song "Paint It Black" and that had the best of both worlds. This cd impressed me a lot with the sound. // 10

Lyrics: The lyrics are amazing. I always loved Michael Williams' writing style. Especially on the first track "We Bury Our Dead At Dawn" with the words "Their Whispers become like cries, tears fall from blinded eyes, ninety-nine have burned as embers, nintey-nine have lost their lives." It's not the only well-written song. They all are. Michael Williams is also a really good screamer, so it's just awesome. // 10

Overall Impression: Though it isn't as amazing as their new CD sound wise, the lyrics were better. It could of used more clear vocals, but what they do have on this cd is sufficient enough for me. I would like to say I would buy it again, but I would be a hypocrite. My copy did crack, and it didn't really work anymore, but I didn't go our and buy another copy. There are just so many good cds out there and I just can't buy all of the ones I want to get. // 10

Comments