The Darkest Red review by The Agony Scene

• Released: May 24, 2005
The Agony Scene: The Darkest Red

Sound on this album is incredible, terrific mixing job on the whole thing. These guys have improved a lot since their debut, and it shows heavily on this CD. The vocals are excellent, the bass and guitar tone is perfect, the drumming is unreal.

On this album Mike (the singer) really broadens his vocal range. Not only screaming and growling, there is some excellent melodic singing going on here. The lyrics are incredible as well, always sticking in your head. The vocals are never overshadowed in the mix, nor do they ever overshadow anything else. I can't wait to see these guys live.

Compared to their previous album, it blows it away. This album is most likely going to be overshadowed by the other releases of 2005 (System Of A Down, Avenged Sevenfold, Dream Theatre), but this is one that any metalhead should add to their collection. Some of the best songs are "Screams Turn To Silence," "Scapegoat" and "Prey." I cannot for the life of me find something about this CD that I don't like. If it were lost or stolen, I'd commend the theif on their tastes and then do what the music compels you to do. Whether you are into hardcore, death metal, metalcore, emo, heavy polka, or anything else I'm sure you'll find something you like on this CD. 5 out of 5 straight through.

godrestthyweary
    Yeah, I bought this album the day it came out. I was awaiting the release even when it was post poned for a month. My favorite song was "My Dark Desire," but the album was so damn perfect I never skip just to it