Move Along review by The All-American Rejects

• Released: Jul 12, 2005
The All-American Rejects: Move Along

The music on the album is very easy-listening, with melodies and riffs that will be in your head ages after. The sounds used are nice to the ear, with kick-ass chord progressions and some really radio-friendly dynamics. Although a little repetitive, songs like Dance Tonight and Can't Take It, the later of which uses only a piano and a string orchestra, show a very different side of TA-AR. Tyson's voice sounds a little stronger on the record, which is both good and bad in certain songs. I would certainly recomend this CD to anyone who liked their first album or like their genre of music.

The lyrics on this album are really well thought out, with some amazing choruses (Dance Tonight, title track Move Along). The lyrics seem to be directed towards certain people and talk to people, rather than tell a story. I don't think there is a song with out the word "you". Some of the lyrics are obviously just off the top of their heads and I would say they should have gone over them because some of them are second rate, but the music and melody compensate for it.

It is a really nice, easy listening album, and it certainy has moved on from their self-titled debut. Sophomore records are tricky experiences, however I think this certainly makes them stand out and they have proved themselves to be good song crafters and lyricists. The most impressive songs on the album are Dance Inside, Move Along and Can't Take It which you should at least download! The whole album is a delight to listen to. There is a nice blend of guitars, electronics and piano and stings, which is what shot them to fame. I don't hate anything on this album. To be honest, I downloaded the album but I would certainly recomend buying it and I have just done so. I think it is deffinately a snap shot of what is to come from the emo giants.