Move Along review by The All-American Rejects

• Released: Jul 12, 2005
The All-American Rejects: Move Along

The All-American Rejects have a very unique sound. I think they try very hard to make it different from other bands so they stand out. I mean, it did take them 2 years to complete the album, and I do believe that it was worth waiting for. In almost every song there is a very heavy guitar solo and I give props To Nick Wheeler for that. I also love how they have a mix of Piano and Orchestra in the CD. Each song is different, some are fast, some are slow. Each song is perfect for any mood.

The lyrics were easy to understand, and easy to follow. Each song carries a different message, which makes the album even more unique. It's not talking about the same heartbreak throughout the whole CD, it focuses on different topics. The All-American Rejects have a way of making words fit without having to squeeze them in. Tyson Ritter, the vocalist, has a very large octave range. He can hit a very low note and next second a very high one (even to some girls it's high). His voice is very unique, it seems the band, unlike others, has no need for screaming and Tyson uses different ways with his voice to get the point across of his mood.

This album is just as good as the First one. Many other bands slack off after they reach the top, but it seems that the All-American Rejects have worked really hard to make it just as good as the first. A song that caught me off Guard was Can't Take It. I had no idea that they would be creative enough to do a song with just an Orchestra and Tyson. I'm very impressed with that. Straight jacket was also Composed very creatively. Not many of today's artists are into finger picking, but that kind of guitar playing style is beauty by itself. I love the fact that I can play the CD without having to skip any songs because each one is ear candy. There is nothing I hate about this CD, except for the fact of the long wait. But I know if they rushed it, it would not be as beautiful as it presently is. Even if it were stolen or lost, I would buy again and again. And hand it out to people. This CD is just way too good to pass up. In fact, when I lost their old one, I cried. I would cry if I were to loose this one too.