Move Along review by The All-American Rejects

• Released: Jul 12, 2005
The All-American Rejects: Move Along

The first time I heard of All American Rejects is when I listened to their song 'The Last Song. ' That was a really good song, so I expected something of the same or a little higher caliber in their next album. 'Move Along' is a combination of fast and slow paced songs, all seemingly arranged well to even out the mood. It starts out with 'Dirty Little Secret' which has a really catchy intro that gets a lot of people. 'Change Your Mind' has this childish intro that goes straight to rock, with Nick's solo improving the song. 'Top Of The World' has acoustics every now and then which sounds well mixed with the rock influence. The only thing about this though is that they don't have songs as fast as 'The Last Song' in their other album.

The album 'Move Along' has some of the best lyrics I have heard. With 'Dirty Little Secret' starting out the album, which just gets people to start singing the song. 'Move Along' has this inspirational thing going on with the lyrics and it's easy to listen to. The only bad part about this album is Tyson being the background vocalists as well. No wonder it blends that well.

This album is definitely one of the greatest out there. I have a 'cut-off' in CDs, where this song would mean that's the last decent song in the album, and my cut-off for this is Track 12, if you pay close attention. I'm not applying favoritism in any songs, as they are all really good. The only real downsides of this album are Tyson being the only vocalist and no songs as fast as their famous song 'The Last Song'.

turnfoot
    i think that aar experimented a little with different sounds in this album. not one of their best albums though. nothing that really stand out.
    jackary
    The album was okay, but the only songs i really liked were move along, dirty little secret, and top of the world
    nerk13
    The best song was Move Along definitely. No question. Dirty Little secret kinda catchy and cute, but not as great. I love the vocals, a little strained, but still pretty awesome.