Move Along review by The All-American Rejects

• Released: Jul 12, 2005
The All-American Rejects: Move Along

This was my first Rejects CD, I just recently borrowed their first. The album was recored quite well. I can't say there is much of a story but more of a personal album, pretty sure that there isn't one song w/o the word "you" in it. It's poppy but not as poppy as their first. The Rejects have also grown up, it's not all about a break up. The band really expanded past their last album and experimented but to tell the truth I like their first album more, it's just more catchy and better in my opinion. There is some folk, rock and a little latino music in it or well for an intro anways but yah. It also sounds like they had more money to record this album, there is a huge change in sound quality.

Lyrics once again, it's pretty personal, a lot of "you"'s. The lyrics are nice to listen to then the ususal rage punk music that I listen to. The lyrics fit nicely I guess. Tyson is a good singer kinda of he can't sing as well live, but his voice gets annoying after awhile.

I think their first album was a lot better. But Move Along was a bit more of an experimental album because I think they didn't want to be known just as some pop band. I guess I gotta love the experimentation and not just the same sound over and over again, but I have to say they should have chosen better songs to put on the album. if it were lost or stolen, I'd want another one, I can't say I love the album, but I don't hate it.

I am punk "BF"
    whoa, I accidentally wrote 3 different reviews for this album, and they are all up there, oh well, it was a great cd.
    Gerard Way Jr
    TJ1991 wrote: dance inside is unbelievably awesome. havent heard anything like it ever. just... f**king wow!
    TJ1991
    I can't take any review seriously when it claims that two members joined in 2000 and then quit, when they actually joined in 2001 and have been in the band ever since.