The All-American Rejects review by The All-American Rejects

• Released: Oct 1, 2002
The All-American Rejects: The All-American Rejects

Being a hardcore metal fan, I was kinda skeptical when my best friend convinced me to listen to this. But I really enjoyed it. The lyrics give a new insight on love and a little heartbreak. They match it with a great pop-punk sound. It's kind of original with the organ, piano, and a couple cool guitar effects. And the way they sing stands out (low, high, low).

As I said before, the lyrics are mostly about love and heartbreak. In songs like "My Paper Heart" and "Time Stands Still" they talk about breakups and such. But in songs like "Your Star" they sing so deeply about some very strong emotions. From the chorus of Your Star, "I picked out your star, turned night to day. A simple whisper from your voice, and I fade away."

I'm usually very critical about CDs, but I can't see anything wrong with this album. The best songs on the CD are: Your Star, My Paper Heart, Time Stands Still, Swing, Swing. The end this pop-punk fans, pick this up. Metal fans, consider, it may strike an emotional chord in you. It did to me. This CD has a permanent place in my collection. Absolutely perfect.