The All-American Rejects review by The All-American Rejects

• Released: Oct 1, 2002
The All-American Rejects: The All-American Rejects

Ok firstly, half the reason I like this band's music is because of lead singer tyson ritter. Yeah, he's totally hot, but look past that for now. 'cause news flash you other girls that makes no difference on if the band is good or not. But around here we are cool about that so yeah but he has amazing range! And he has that rock-star-from-england voice going on. I like that in a band. It is mixed real good, except they could bring out the base just a tad, still awesome though. I love the "oohs" in time stands still, his voice is amazing! I'm glad it is really pronounced and not covered up like how other bands mix.

Lyrics are most important to me so lets get tough on this. I love this band, but they could improve a little on lyrics. I'm not saying they are bad, but like someone said before they repeat the same thing a few times. But oh believe me that doesnt stop me from listening to the same song over and over (yeah I'm crazy like that) but I really love the lyrics to "My Paper Heart" and "Time Stands Still." And usually I like really weird heavy-ish lyrics so yeah its all-around good. If you don't have the CD, I suggest checking out the lyrics before that's what I do. It's 90% fool proof unless they suck at instrumental but you know.

I would totally re-buy this CD. If you like this one I suggest their newest release "Move Along" too. If it weren't for Tyson having such a heavy/expressive voice then I think only pop-punkers would like it. But fellow metals give it some credit. I like to give everyone a chance 'cause they all have one thing in common: they all play rock music. And last time I checked most bands respect each other so do the same for the less-heavy numbers.