The All-American Rejects review by The All-American Rejects

• Released: Oct 1, 2002
The All-American Rejects: The All-American Rejects

It's one of those bands you either love or hate. Pop-punk fans would worship them, and hardcore metal fans would probably spit at them. Either way, this album is full of addictive guitar riffs that makes you listen to the album over and over again. There are a few nice'n'easy guitar solos here and there, but as a musical talent, All-American Rejects are poor. Some songs even have a techno-type drumming composed on the computer, which makes the album stink more of cheese. I personally think All-American Rejects are a great band as I'm a big fan of punk music, but really, techno-drumming? It does kinda puts me off. But still, very good band though.

Lyrics are most important to me so lets get tough on this. I love this band, but they could improve a little on lyrics. I'm not saying they are bad, but like someone said before they repeat the same thing a few times. But oh believe me that doesnt stop me from listening to the same song over and over (yeah I'm crazy like that) but I really love the lyrics to "My Paper Heart" and "Time Stands Still." And usually I like really weird heavy-ish lyrics so yeah its all-around good. If you don't have the CD, I suggest checking out the lyrics before that's what I do. It's 90% fool proof unless they suck at instrumental but you know.

I'm usually very critical about CDs, but I can't see anything wrong with this album. The best songs on the CD are: Your Star, My Paper Heart, Time Stands Still, Swing, Swing. The end this pop-punk fans, pick this up. Metal fans, consider, it may strike an emotional chord in you. It did to me. This CD has a permanent place in my collection. Absolutely perfect.

tuabuela
    i think that this band is an insult to rock reputation it should be on the gay pop music isle of the store long live rock n roll by chuck berry schooldays