The All-American Rejects review by The All-American Rejects

• Released: Oct 1, 2002
  • Reviewer's score: 5.7 Decent
The All-American Rejects: The All-American Rejects

On the AAR's first CD, they have lots of simple catchy pop songs, with chiming guitars, simple drumming beats keeping them in time, and light vocals of Tyson Ritter. This CD features the pop sensations "Swing, Swing" and "My Paper Heart". If yu've heard those, you've heard this CD. It's pretty repeatitve. I only really like two tracks, "Swing, Swing" and "Drive Away", a fast punkish song. Pretty standard mainstream fangirl music.

On All-American Rejects, the lyrics are all about one thing. And that one thing is breaking up. All these songs linger on some stupid dumb blonde that dumped Tyson Ritter. Their is truely nothing but that in the linear notes. At least they aren't singing about killing people and suicide, I guess.

Overall, this disk is like one song. They all are basically the same. The guitarists, Mike Kenertry and Nick Wheeler are above this, though. I think they could be in a better band than this. I don't really like this CD much, though. I would not buy this again if I lost this, that's for sure. If you like pop and want a new CD, get this. If you like punk and are fooled by idiots calling them punk, don't get this CD.

carroway
    the people who wrote reviews for this cd are clearly 14 year old girls who have absolutley no idea what they are talking about. they probably have been to two shows in their lifetimes and wore the tour shirt the next day to school. it's not genius or world changing, it's a catchy record by a few dudes. it was an alright album, it doesn't take a musical prodigy to put three chords together and write about how some bitch broke up with him. and everyone puts their personal like or dislike in genres in reviews, like "i hate emo, i always have, didn't like this record". just because you don't like a genre doesn't mean you can't give it an intelligent review. anyone who gave this album 10's for everything clearly has autism and shouldn't be writing any music reviews in the future.
    Guitar Wizkid
    I really like them but my sister hates them and thinks their emo but I guess it really is one of those you like or not(like U2 who i hate), But before you make your desicion you suold listen to them I really like their the Last Song Music video.
    TasianSensation
    just to let some of you know, this cd was recorded when the band was only tyson (singer and bass) and nick (guitar). they used a drum machine for the drums, and got other members later
    allrejectarmy
    easy enough, if you dont like them, dont post. and please, if you cant accomplish what they have, dont criticize. i live in the hellhole town they came from, and trust me, its not easy to get out. You have to have pure talent. And every band member is mind-blowing in what they do.
    MusicMan24
    The All-American Rejects are an awesome band. I don't care what other people think, this CD is awesome as is there new one. So everybody just shut up and listen to the music YOU like. Don't go around insulting music other people like.