The All-American Rejects review by The All-American Rejects

• Released: Oct 1, 2002
The All-American Rejects: The All-American Rejects

I thought the sound was good. It was a punk rock sound. The drums were a little standard and almost the same through out all the songs since they were only a 2 person band at the time (They added Chris and Mike later on). The guitar was great but now when you here them live the old songs sound different because at the time the lead guitarist, Nick Wheeler, used fender types of guitar like the telecaster on Swing Swing. Now he uses many Gibson guitars like the Firebird and ES-335. The bass was good and normal. But this was their first album so there could of been many beter changes to the songs. Also the singer's voice was at it's full potential so the voice was okay but now it's better.

The meaning in the Lyrics are all really the same. Really just about the lead singer, Tyson Ritter, talking about how his heart is broken because of his ex-girlfriend. The lyrics were great and and there were some lines that were just off the top of their heads now.

This is just a punk band that is overall for teenage girls but some could be for teenage guys too. Swing Swing is a favorite from everyone. Time Stands Still and Your Star are good too. The Last Song is where the group really rocks out. I like his album but that's my opinion other dudes probably think their losers but there are many other bands that are worst than this band. If this were stolen I'd get this again.