When The World Comes Down review by The All-American Rejects

• Released: Dec 16, 2008
The All-American Rejects: When The World Comes Down

After recording for about 6 months and getting inspiration from many different locations The All-American Rejects were finally able to release their 3rd studio album, When The World Comes Down. When they recorded this album they never try to recreate anything off the last album. Guitarist, Nick Wheeler, described it as making their 1st album all over again. Also they don't think or what they done before or what they want to do. Some of the songs were even made during the time they were in the studio. Eric Valentine was the man who produced this album, known for recording with Maroon 5. In this album instead of making every song have the guitar sound the best they went on by making each song musically great. In another interview Nick even said that he didn't have as many guitar solos as before. The sound was just amazing some made it worth for its wait. Their 1st single off the album "Gives You Hell" sounds great and is very catchy. Every song's sound just was clean and smooth. Drums sounded smooth. Guitar distortion sounded great for each type of song.

The Lyrics really fitted most of the songs well. Overall the lead singer, Tyson Ritter, did a amazing job on vocals. His voice sounded perfect in some songs when his voice went up to high pitches. His voice did a good job in the hidden track of the album, Sunshine.

Unlike other artists, The All-American Rejects took I think about 6 months to record this album. They even pushed back its release date from November 18 all the way to December 16th. They really wanted this album to be the best out of all their previous albums. So far I think this really was the best and worth the long wait. Some of the songs I'm impressed by the tracks Back to Me, Real World, Believe, The Wind Blows, and Mona Lisa. If this were stolen I would get another copy. Some people may hate this album for not having similar rock songs like Move Along or Top of The World but this album describes this band better than the past albums. This truly is great and really is what this band truly sounds like.

29Jeff96
    anybody else notice how the inside of the CD case and insert smells like crayons? lol but on a serious note, this is probably my favorite album by these guys. It just feels more laid back and calm.
    Love you too.
    Gerard Way Jr
    rockman1994, as I recall, the production for WTWCD took over two years, and "I Wanna" alone took six months. I can't believe AAR recorded at Skywalker Ranch. I'll never listen to John Williams the same again. Also, does anyone else find it entertaining that the drummer who looks like a fag is called Chris Gaylor?
    Gerard Way Jr
    hiddenwuss wrote: Sorry for double post, but I also never take review advice from anyone affiliated in some way to My Chemical Romance, 'cause after Desolation Row, they have no room to talk!
    Big man thinks he's better than a band that makes millions? Fat chance, Jack.
    swyg2
    its a good album. it may be a little slow but w/e. good melodies
    Gerard Way Jr
    29Jeff96 wrote: anybody else notice how the inside of the CD case and insert smells like crayons? lol
    HOLY SHIT YEAH! I thought it was just mine!
    hiddenwuss
    goalkeeper32
    Ya'll are crazy. This is by far their best album yet. They dont use at much guitar as they did in their self titled album or move along, except for real world and i wanna. But not only do their vocals sou d great, all their songs speak to real-life situations. Songs like Another Heart Calls, Damn Girl, and Breakin. Ill admit that Gives You Hell is a bit overplayed, but it still has a great message to it. The guy isnt crying and whining about how he wants his girl back even tho she did him wrong. He wants her out of his life and to move on. The use synthesisers on sunshine and the wind blows give the album such great balance, not like on the other two where their songs kinda run together. This is an amazing album and i hope they keep coming out with such great music.
    hiddenwuss
    Personally, I don't read into reviews much! If I like an album, I'm not going to change my opinion because someone said it sucked!
    aaron_masta
    Gerard Way Jr wrote: Bozjoarmstrong wrote: good album, nothing really special though and btw both these reviews suck Love you too.
    i think he was saying you were a bit too critical, and the last one was too nice. btw there is no 10, if there was, there would be no need for other music. lol
    punkrocka93
    i dont think ill get it, i liked gives you hell at first but now i hate it so freakin much
    Lama
    the all american rejects aren't anything ground-breaking or astounding by far, but they manage to accomplish what most bands of their ilk fail to do, and that is create songs that have a good energy, are catchy, have singable melodies that aren't just repetitive rehashes, and there are plenty of creative nuances, both musically, rhythmically and harmony-wise, that are scattered frequently throughout the album. other bands like 'boys like girls' wish they could make an album like this, but fail miserably imo. i hated their first effort, but this album really is a consistently enjoyable listen, especially if what you're looking for is something lively. it should never be compared to pink floyd.
    VegetaSWE
    i dont understand how someone really can give there lyrics a good grade..."I wanna, I wanna, I wanna touch you You wanna touch me too Everyday, but all I have is time Our love's a perfect rhyme".... i like the band...and the cd has some good songs...but still sound 8, Lyrics 6, Impression 6 maybe would be in some way fair but not 10/10/10...and i like them
    gr1170
    rockman1994 wrote: guys even tho some of u hate Gives you Hell (i can understand that) their not that bad as a rock band. The lead guitarist and rhythm are pretty cool people. i saw them live back in November. I talked to them and their really nice people. I mean move along was more of a rock album than this. their first was pop-punk sort of. this is like both of them combined but more pop. they even admmited they thought there were a punk bad at first but they turned out to be a pop band. and last thing to say is, Come on you guys gotta admit their not as gay as Jonas Brothers
    I really don't care how nice someone is. If their a cool person, good for them. If I don't like their music I could give a rats ass how nice or how "gay" they are. If The Jonas Brothers played good music but still were the same every other way I would listen to them.
    rockman1994
    jkubed
    How ironic is it that the guy who made his username after the singer for MCR is complaining about someone have a whiny voice and emo lyrics? Pretty damn. Also, there's nothing wrong with a toy piano solo. Maybe it's not your thing, but I like hearing something different once in a while