Eat A Peach review by The Allman Brothers Band

• Released: Jan 1, 1972
The Allman Brothers Band: Eat A Peach

There is a lot to say about the sound on Eat A Peach. It is definitely one of the Allman Brothers Band's best. The variety of music on this album is just incredible. There is everything from southern rock, blues, jazz, and even a little bit of soul. Although this album was released after the death of guitarist Duane Allman, there are still many tracks included which show off his outstanding guitar work. Blue Sky is a great Dickie Betts song. It exposes him as a great songwriter, guitarist, and singer. There are many other songs which show off the unique style and talent of every member of the Allman Brothers Band.

As far as the lyrics go, they are very well-written. Gregg Allman and Dickie Betts had a lot to say and they said it all through their music. There were quite a few songs that didn't even need words for the Allman Brothers Band to get their feelings and their message across. For the songs that did have words, the words complemented the music perfectly, and vice-versa.

Eat A Peach is a classic Allman Brothers album. Everything about this album is just outstanding from the live 33 minute version of Mountain Jam to the softly spoken Melissa. In my opinion, I honestly cannot find one thing wrong with this album. I think that the Allman Brothers Band hit the mark of perfection with this album. If someone were to ask me which Allman Brothers Band album I would recommend, it would have to be Eat A Peach. Eat A Peach is the album that got me into the Allman Brothers Band, and I hope it does the same for someone else too. If this Eat A Peach were stolen, I would run out to the store immediately and buy another one and keep the new one under lock and key so it doesn't happen again.