Live At Fillmore East review by The Allman Brothers Band

The Allman Brothers Band: Live At Fillmore East

This album is absolutly amazing. The sound is perfect, all parts are clearly heard and as always Duane Allman's slide guitar is amazing. Everything comes through with a great blues/southern rock feel that is like nothing else. This is definatly the best live album ever recorded. It dosen't have out of tune singing or any parts that didn't work live, there are no flaws. And besides the technical aspect being perfect, this album also keeps you interested; through the 22 minute Whipping Post you keep listening because of the brilliant improvisations. This album sounds absolutly amazing.

The lyrics weren't the main focus of this album for me. The instruments are really the focus of the album. However, Gregg Allmans singing is absolutly amazing. Many of these songs are not originals so the lyrics aren't all the allman bros writing. Many of these songs are covers of the allmans favorite songs. However the singing is great. Gregg Allman can actually sing the blues and make it sound good. not many white guys can do that, but Gregg does it perfectly.

This album is called the best live album for a reason. It has a great sound and some of the most skilled musicians ever playing with tons of emotion. It is obvious how this album helped popularize the Allman bros band. If this ever got stolen, well it shouldn't get stolen because everyone should have their own. And I wouldn't lose it because it's far to valuable.

rumpfox
    been lisening to this album since 1975 and i enjoy it ever time i hear it. never gets old
    philfie
    this is the allman bros ppl!!!! duane allman was voted 2nd greatest guitarist by rolling stone
    aig91
    This album is absolutely amazing. One of my favorite live albums of all time. I can't get enough of it. I would definitely recommend checking it out if you haven't already.