Everyday Demons review by The Answer

The Answer: Everyday Demons

When The Answer heard that their fans included the likes of Led Zeppelin's Jimmy Page and Def Leppard's Joe Elliott, the Northern Ireland quartet probably figured they were headed in the right direction. Not soon after, they had also garnered the attention of none other than AC/DC, who presented The Answer with the coveted opening spot on it's Black Ice Tour. And right about now, the band is seemingly honing in on mega-star status. It's true that The Answer's sound is heavily steeped in a variety of classic rock bands, and you're likely to hear the influences coming through pretty much every track on the band's 2nd studio album Everyday Demons. The fact that the band does it well is probably what is most impressive, and there are thousands of classic rock fans will be singing The Answer's praises by this time next year. Each track on Everyday Demons will undoubtedly have you thinking back to some of the rock greats. Not surprisingly, there are elements of the Rolling Stones, and the stagnated chord work of Too Far Gone is a prime example. That particular tune is rounded out by an extremely effective wah solo in the style of Slash, and guitarist Paul Mahon is integral in keeping the gritty riff work coming in each of the 11 tracks. If you're worried right about now that The Answer is a carbon copy of every other band, don't fret too long. The band still injects it's own style into every song, and by the end Everyday Demons you'll probably be hooked. It's not a huge shocker that Jimmy Page became an instant fan, particularly in tracks like Walkin' Mat and Comfort Zone. If you tend to enjoy the groove-oriented licks in Zeppelin tracks like Black Dog, then you'll eat up Walkin' Mat. At the other end of the spectrum is the Middle-Eastern-influenced Comfort Zone, which in some ways recalls Kashmir. Mahon's gritty riff work that has been a huge highlight of The Answer's music (they certainly convinced the people at Guitar Hero World Tour), but vocalist Cormac Neeson will be gaining many a fan for his astounding range, which can reach super-high notes. In fact, there are moments when Neeson can give Robert Plant himself a run for his money (not to mention that he bears a striking to him onstage at times). If you want to catch Neeson at his most amazing, immediately listen to Cry Out.

The Answer's lyrics mimic the musical side in the fact that they tend to also follow a classic rock format. You won't find anything too unusual on Everyday Demons, but Neeson's phrasing and occasional humor give the lyrics the necessary impact. On And On has a familiar feel with lyrics such as So doctor, take a hammer to my broken heart; Can you tell me why; I've got trouble on my mind They follow the usual blues rock standard, but Neeson's delivery and phrasing are what sells that song and the entire CD in the end.

The Answer combines all the best parts about classic rock bands, which is why they'll likely have staying power. Enjoy a bit of Slash in your solo? Check out Too Far Gone. Love the way AC/DC songs begin? You'll enjoy Tonight. The list goes on and on, but The Answer wisely injects it's own style into every moment where you might start to recall a different band. And most importantly? This is one band that has the musical chops to pull it all off.

kaptink
    BBoyBlaZe
    hey fellas..check mr iloveveryblackgrindcoremetal over here xD will check band though
    gorkyporky
    I just recently found out about these guys, and i must say its great that bands like this still exist. They are just what i love to listen to, so im gonna go see them as soon as i can.
    nileflows
    Slash5992 : The Police and The CLash arent that good. lol. But the beatles the stones and th who are beast.
    i guess you are not a fan of them that's why you made that comment.
    yeoman125
    I was dissapointed with everyday demons, rise was a thousand times better
    Sleazeball
    decayingdave wrote: They spelled ''Demons'' wrong.
    Go fix it then wiseguy... Anyway, awesome band. Glad they're getting some credit for it.
    Slash5992
    Les Paul57 wrote: great band, great album ^The Beatles, The Clash, The Police, The Who etc.
    Slash5992
    REV3LATI0N wrote: Minkaro wrote: I hate AC/DC and Led Zeppelin, and I can just about bear the Rolling Stones. Yet I love The Answer. Rise is better than this though. you have problems
    agreed. 110%
    huskerguy
    first off I'm a huge ac/dc & led zeppelin fan & when I first heard the answer I was really kinda dissapointed, the guitar was ok and it seemed to me that the singer was tryin way to hard to sound like Robert plant minkaro=faggot
    tomsawyer67
    brentondig wrote: Do they really sound like a classic rock band? Every time I hear someone say they sound like "AC/DC" (Airbourne) "Black Sabbath and Zeppelin" (Wolfmother), they tend to seem like they rip them off more than sound similar to them. If anyone let me know, I'd be glad to check them out.
    Dude ikr if i started a band like this everyone would be like "these guys are just taking other bands material." idk how these guys were able to get past that, but i would definately like to find out
    Polystant
    These guys and Rose Hill Drive are two of the best modern hard rock bands out there
    brentondig
    Beker91
    li ho visti dal vivo al concerto degli acdc e spaccano veramente tanto!
    Airguitargiles
    kaptink wrote: Going to see them over the holiday. You better be right about all those comparisons
    Seen them twice, first time when they supported Deep Purple at the Astoria and a 2nd time at O2 Wireless in Leeds, they're very freaking awesome live.
    Deanwings79
    the first i ever heard of the answer was when i found out they were headlining AC/DC. i saw them at the AC/DC concert and then i thought they were 100x better than a headlining band. So i go home and watch countless videos of them and the hook led to a complete obsession. They bring back what has been lacking in rock today and that is that creative simplicity sells. Great great band that will definitely if not already leave it's mark on rock n' roll either now or in the near future. note: amazing band live. great great stage presence.
    REV3LATI0N
    you have problems
    Minkaro
    theotherguy7145
    vanshaya wrote: I loved Rise(2006). I will definitely check this out.
    RISE was freakin' awesome! If anyone can get hold of the Special Edition version then its got another CD which is like another album, theres so many other tracks! Gotta get this new album though. THE ANSWER RULE!
    nikh158
    Personally I didn`t rate this as highly as their debut, although Demon Eyes is possibly their best song to date; Full of rage and fury. Highlight of this release though is the live CD. The Answer have to be one of the best live acts around and this CD somehow manages to capture them at the best. buy it.
    Lil Macker
    I heard Come Follow Me on the TV ages ago, and I really liked it. I didn't hear anything else of them for like a year or so and then this came out. It's an awesome album. MY favourite tracks Pride