Everyday Demons review by The Answer

The Answer: Everyday Demons

I bought this album a couple of weeks after they released it in the U.S. Roughly about a month ago. I had followed them ever since I saw them live opening for AC/DC in November and I had an immediate reaction that is "YES!" They have an uncanny ability to resurface the roots of rock, and incorporate a modern sound. I personally think it has to do with them dropping down to drop D for their songs, as well as the composition. The entire album straight through is a classic. Starting with Demon Eyes, which I think is the best song on the album, it starts with a heavy riff followed with Cormac Neesons absolutely UNTOUCHABLE vocals. The song then goes into the main rhythm and over the verses is just magic in the ears. Personally I think this was Paul Mahon's best solo on either full length album that they have done. Next is Too Far Gone. To be honest when I first heard it, I didn't like the opening vocal over the riff, but after that I absolutely think this song is one of the best on the record. It's got a lot of 70's in it imo. After that is the song that is the most popular among people I know and that is "on and on." This song doesn't disappoint the first two tracks, and even raises the bar a little with the wah-wah solo which is amazing. I'm gonna skip a coulpe of tracks, which I liked but really have nothing new to say about them. I would like to talk about Comfort Zone, the slow tempo masterpiece. When I first heard I was like "this can't be cormac," but indeed he has the versatility to change his voice to fit the song, using a deeper voice which is still better than anybody elses, I compare it a lot to Scott Weilands type of vocal. I think if there's any song that could fit into the modern pop style world it is this one. There is a really nice backround track from Mahon as he follows the vocals with his playing. As I said the vocals are some of the best in the last couple of years. I really enjoy this song as it is quiet and easy to listen too. There is no definite solo which is suitable. The last song I will touch on is "Evil Man" which instantly follows "Comfort Zone." It brings the vibe back to heavy rock like the beginning of the cd. It seems like a constant formula, a really nice leading hook, followed by a vocal over it, then a great rhythm and verse etc. It works perfectly everytime since this is imo the second best song on the record.

Cormac Neeson Is God. His ability to sing like he does, it's untouchable by most rock singers today. I think of Dave Grohl, Scott Weiland, Chris Cornell, Dave Draiman, Eddie Vedder, and all the popular singers that are the centers of their bands, Cormac Neeson is easily in that list. He is also a talented songwriter which is proven on comfort zone and demon eyes and even evil man.

I think if this was around 30 years ago with zeppelin, Ac/dc, and other 70's hard rock bands, they would've blown most of them out of the water. But because this era is so pop and rap craved in the populice with alternative rock and death metal/nu metal/heavy metal all fighting for the rock genre, hard rock like this only seems to come with reunions. But the Answer are better, and they do it right, and I hope that they become larger than the rest of everyone else and have to ability to create absolute amazing front to back albums for the next 25 years and end up in cleveland one day. What's even more amazing is that they sound so great live, and they are so well liked by the what should be bigger fanbase that they have. They are from Ireland, and they promoted the entire beginning of their career to Europe and only in the last 8 months or so have turned their attention to America with Ac/dc. I wish America knew about them more, and at least played them on their radios becuase they would easily dominate any rock station out there. I can listen to these guys any day of the week and in any mood because they are just that great. I can't wait for whatever they release next. I don't like to give perfects on albums because all albums will have at least one song that isn't up to par and that's okay but the impression is a perfect 10 out of 10.

mcguicken
    REV3LATI0N wrote: Minkaro wrote: I hate AC/DC and Led Zeppelin, and I can just about bear the Rolling Stones. Yet I love The Answer. Rise is better than this though. you have problems
    lol, definately