Everyday Demons review by The Answer

The Answer: Everyday Demons

The Answer combines the high-octane (high voltage if you will, HAHA) raw energy and excitement from AC/DC with the blues-inspired guitar work and vocals from Led Zeppelin. Paul Mahon does a great job on the guitar, with fast, great riffs and powerful solos similar to that of Angus Young. He really comes into his own during "Too Far Gone". James Heatley does a good job on the drums, with some beats that will really get you going. Mickey Waters does his job on the bass. Cormac Neeson has one of the best voices I have heard in a long time, and is sure to become easily recognized like Bruce Dickinson. His gritty, smokey voice combined with Paul's shredding is a great combination. The Answer really rocks out at times, with songs like "On and On", "Demon Eyes" and "Too Far Gone". Here, Paul is the star of the show with his pounding riffs and fast solos. I found myself playing air guitar during "Too Far Gone", which is always a good sign. These songs are fast, loud and awesome. However, there is still that blues influence, found in "Cry Out", "Why'd You Change Your Mind?" and "Tonight". Led Zeppelin and Black Sabbath fans will be glad to hear these, as they bring back the dated music of this era. They are very different from the hard rock ones, with Cormac really tearing up the airwaves with his set of pipes. Over the gentle guitar and drums, it is truly beautiful. The Answer also draws influence from 90's British Pop and 70's Stadium Rock on "Pride", sounding very similar to "Where I Find My Heaven" by Gigolo Aunts. "Pride" is probably the highlight of this album for me.

As I previously mentioned, Cormac has a great voice. No doubt he will soon become a household name with the likes of Dio or Dickinson. He pours his soul into "Pride" and thrives in the blues songs. He holds his own in the rock songs, but Mahon really steals the show there.

This is really the stuff from the old days, when Black Sabbath had Ozzy Osbourne and Jimmy Paige was leaving the Yardbirds. Combining the energy from AC/DC with the blues of Led Zeppelin and you really have something special here. If you're a fan of Hard Rock, pick this album up.