Rise review by The Answer

• Released: Jun 26, 2006
The Answer: Rise

I read some reviews about The Answer in Classic Rock magazine and I was really amazed. Before I buy the album I had downloaded some songs from their official website, and the songs were awesome. Excellent sound quality, they really give you the feel of the '60s and the '70s which I really love. There is a 15 page booklet with the song lyrics and some pictures of them. They really remind me a lot of AC/DC, Led Zeppelin, Free and many others. But one thing I loved is that they play kick ass rock 'n' roll and they play it right. I only hope they won't break up.And I also think that rock 'n' roll is something that lives in everybody's heart.

The lyrics are quite good. Classical rock 'n' roll lyrics that are good enough to keep you up when you're down. The singer has amazing singing skills that are hard to find nowadays. We can understand from the way he is singing and his style that he is influenced from old bands that play rock 'n' roll and blues and he is deep into the game.

I wouldn't compare this album with any other. The most impressive songs of the album were (my number one) "Under the sky", "Come Follow me", "Be what you want", "No questions asked" and "Always". I loved the guitar breaks and solos a lot, but the drumming and the bass are really great too. I don't think there is anything I hated in this album. If it were lost or stolen I would go down to the CD store and buy it again.

The_Yoki
    Brilliant album. Saw them live a few weeks ago in a small club - seeing old school hard rock la Zeppelin and Co in a small club was an amazing experience. I stood in the very front and while wiping along my knees always hit the stage. I could actually smell Cormac's shampoo. Afterwards I talked to the guys and collected signatures. Great Evening, a big THANK YOU to The Answer!
    SetMeFree
    Saw the Answer live, they sound better live. Album is awesome, Be What You Want is incredible. Roadstar are pathetic, truly pathetic, crap solos, crap riffs, crap singing so on so forth
    debbywebby
    anona wrote: The lyrics are much as you would expect from this kind of band, and Preachin' is a brilliant example of what this band are all about, "I'm gonna get me a religion and, I'm gonna join a baptist church," brilliant. Er...well, brilliant maybe, but not by this band! These are the opening lyrics to Preachin' Blues, a classic blues track written and recorded by Son Houe in 1930. The rest of the lyrics are suspsiciously similar and the music is an electrified distorted blues lick obviously based on the original. The Answer's version is a cover, pure and simple. How they got away with a writing credit for it I will never know. The Answer's album is a fine one, but it's somewhat disrepectful to claim they wrie this song when infact their brand of contemporary blues rock exists only because of Delta Blus pionerrs like Son Houe and Robert Johnson. Find your place in history boys, it's at the bac of a very long queue. But as i said, nice album.
    If you have ever seen these guys live you would know that they always pay tribute and credit Son for the song Preachin'...as the delta blues are a big influence on them. Go and see them as they are a 'live' band first! Awesome!!!
    PJ-thomas
    Been to a concert yesterday in hamburg and i must admit they`ve got an unbelievable pure true rock n roll vibe round em feels like zeplin standin in front of you but just in an harder fashion