...Et La Douleur Est Meme Review

8.3
 9.8
review (1) user comments vote for this album:
...Et La Douleur Est Meme Reviewed by: Lord Vodka, on january 06, 2006

Sound: "...Et La Douleur Est Meme" (And The Pain Is The Same) is the first album of the mad french trash metal band The ARRS, who means "The Alien's Right Respect Sect." These guys are completely mad, there's no doubt about it. The music is incredibly heavy, and the guitar sound is probably the best you'll ever hear on French label. Pierre and Paskual, the two guitarists are just professionals. Toki, the drummer, is amazing: he's a real high speed beat machine or let's say a noise machine. There's however a little problem with the bass: with all the distortion that's been added, jerome seemd more to me like a 3d guitarist than a bassist. Nico, the singer (or screamer in fact) is probably the maddest guy you'll ever see on stage! But he does sometimes sing, in songs like "Aussi Loin Que Le Regard Des Anges." // 9

Lyrics: The ARRS is a trash metal band, so their lyrics are of course very dark and are everytime the same. However, I was very surprised when I read their lyrics (you absolutely can't understand what nico is saying), because beyond death, darkness and misery, I found some poetry. It's hard to believe, but some lyrics are vey emotional and touched me, particularly for the outro, where you here a church choral singing in the background. // 7

Overall Impression: These guys are completely crazy, and nothing won't stop them! "...Et La Douleur Est Meme" is a 10 songs hardcore-bomb falling on us! There's everything in this album: energy, distortions, an incredible guitar sound and a song ("Hommes D'honneur") featuring Ken from Count To React. All I want when I'm listening to them is to see them performing live, so that I can jump during all the night in the moshpit. This CD is a pure metal treasure! Seriously, for all those who said french metal was bad, The ARRS prove you were wrong from the beginning. // 9

Comments