...Anywhere But Here review by The Ataris

• Released: Apr 29, 1997
The Ataris: ...Anywhere But Here

The guitar parts, bass parts and drum parts on this album are quite fast, compared to most other ataris albums. So fast, that most of the 21 songs only last about 1 and a half minutes each. 'Four chord wonder' is probably the best song as it has a nice bass riff at the beginning, a catchy solo near the end and a dig at punk bands who use four chord progressions.

Kris Roe really is a great song writer, and people like his stuff. The lyrics are fast on most of the songs and are catchy.

I bought this album because it was 21 songs for 11.99 and I had all the other ataris albums. You won't find sick riffs or extreme solos in this album; just nice fast songs that flow into each other nicely and are a good combination of punk guitar playing and great song writing. 'Boxcar' sounds very similar to 'Motivation' by 'Sum 41' - I think they were written at the same time though so no one is to blame. This album is great! Buy it!

Manny41
    This album is great. The songs are fast and short but they are full of genius. With the lyricist Kris Roe who is a natural poet and his rhythm guitar, and the lead guitar of Thomason, the melodic bass of Marko 72, and the fast tempo drumming of Derrick Plourde, R.I.P. The Ataris were an awesome band. I think the best song from this album is 'Clara' because its those kind of songs where you can really be there, and also because its really catchy and fun to play. The song 'Boxcar' is actually a cover from the band Jawbreaker, which was one of Kris Roe's favorite bands growing up. Again, this album is amazing and one of The Ataris' best work and if your are a fan of The Ataris you should definately buy this album.
    blistered earth
    Manny41 wrote: This album is great. The songs are fast and short but they are full of genius. With the lyricist Kris Roe who is a natural poet and his rhythm guitar, and the The Ataris were an awesome band. .
    i agree i love everything from them (btw there still around new material some time in 2010)