End Is Forever review by The Ataris

• Released: Feb 6, 2001
The Ataris: End Is Forever

This album is certainly not "pop-punk". In fact, I don't believe that it is possible to pigion hole this album into any genre. End is forever makes the transition between emo, punk, post hardcore, indie and alternative throughout its 14 tracks. This is not as pollished as "So long, Astoria" which is a good thing. The sound quality is great. In my opinion there best sounding album with spot on production from Joey Cape (singer from Lagwagon). My only critisism is the echo effect on Kris's voice on "Hello and goodbye" is a bit annoying.

Throughout the ataris career, Kris Roe has proved he has a beautiful way with words. End is forever contains some of the most amazing and heartfelt lyrics ive ever heard. "Teenage riot" and "Song#13" are anthems to a generation of 16-year-olds the world over. Kris manages to write heartachingly personal lyrics without alienating the listener. I can't think of anyone who couldnt relate to at least 1 song off of End is forever.

This is arguably the Ataris best album. My favourite songs are "Road sign's and rock songs", "Song#13" and "Summer wind was always our song". However, there is not one bad, or even average song on this whole album. If someone broke it I'd kick their ass then get them to buy a new one. I can't imagine not having this cd. I can't praise it enough. buy it and you'll never look back.