End Is Forever Review

4.7
 9.3
reviews (2) user comments vote for this album:
End Is Forever Reviewed by: unregistered, on february 11, 2004

Sound: This album is certainly not "pop-punk". In fact, I don't believe that it is possible to pigion hole this album into any genre. End is forever makes the transition between emo, punk, post hardcore, indie and alternative throughout its 14 tracks. This is not as pollished as "So long, Astoria" which is a good thing. The sound quality is great. In my opinion there best sounding album with spot on production from Joey Cape (singer from Lagwagon). My only critisism is the echo effect on Kris's voice on "Hello and goodbye" is a bit annoying. // 8

Lyrics: Throughout the ataris career, Kris Roe has proved he has a beautiful way with words. End is forever contains some of the most amazing and heartfelt lyrics ive ever heard. "Teenage riot" and "Song#13" are anthems to a generation of 16-year-olds the world over. Kris manages to write heartachingly personal lyrics without alienating the listener. I can't think of anyone who couldnt relate to at least 1 song off of End is forever. // 10

Overall Impression: This is arguably the Ataris best album. My favourite songs are "Road sign's and rock songs", "Song#13" and "Summer wind was always our song". However, there is not one bad, or even average song on this whole album. If someone broke it I'd kick their ass then get them to buy a new one. I can't imagine not having this cd. I can't praise it enough. buy it and you'll never look back. // 10

End Is Forever Reviewed by: unregistered, on february 27, 2005

Sound: Wow this album really roked my socks. Kris Roe's vocals sound the best of all. He nows how to fit the mood. I especially like the bass parts on Teenage Riot. What also really stood out was the piano backround right after the movie clip thingy in Fast Times At Drop-Out High. Yes everyone should buy this cause it fits for everymood. // 10

Lyrics: Mostly all the lyrics are spectactular on this album. Some of the lyrics are even kind of funny. He mentions going hunting with Ted Nugent. Priceless. The lyrics that stood out the most was on IOU One Galaxy or Song#13. Kris Roe is very talented. // 8

Overall Impression: This is by far the best album from The Ataris maybe even the best they have period. I dont know what I would do if someone stole this CD from me or I lost it. Well if someone stile it I would definately kill them. And then buy another. You know. Whatever. Great CD so for everyone who doesnt have it, buy it now it is definately worth it. // 10

Comments