So Long, Astoria review by The Ataris

• Released: Mar 4, 2003
The Ataris: So Long, Astoria

Nothing brilliant here. Pretty much the same old format, palm mute during the verse, no palm mute during chorus. There is really nothing worty or praise with the guitar parts in So Long, Astoria. Except for "Boys of the Summer". But we all know that Kris Roe didn't write it. Props to Don Henly for "Boys of the Summer".

The lyrics are what really are the driving force of this album. In So Long, Astoria the album name pretty much tells you what all the lyrics are about. Saying goodbye to childhood, growing up, letting the past go. It was a real wake up call to my life. Kris Roe's voice is fine but not really great, his lyrics are great.

If you got 15 bucks in your pocket go buy So Long, Astoria. It's not a epic album....but it's good none the less. In a few years I'll look back at my life and play this CD in my car. Cause it pretty much sums up what your childhood is all about. "Boys of the Summer" is probably the best song on the album. The Ataris are worthy of covering this song. All in All...Deliteful.