So Long, Astoria review by The Ataris

• Released: Mar 4, 2003
The Ataris: So Long, Astoria

Anyone who can pull off a cover song of one the greatest anthems ever aka Boys Of Summer is good in my book. The Ataris are a hard hitting band out of Cali and you can tell in their music. That's ok though, I love the sound of all the Cali bands and these guys are no exceptions. While not overally original they rock hard and have some great songs.

Ah, the lyrics. Well, to be frank you can only write so many songs about summer before it gets old. But even so I still love the lyrics, I guess I'm like them and just live for the summer. While some of the subjects and lines are extremly cliche, it is still a good listen and will definatley effect the right person listening. Others however might grow bored with Kris' repetive word use and forced rhyming however, and while his voice complements the style of music, I wouldn't exactly call it heavenly either.

All in all being a guy who lives for the summer I loved this album. My favorite songs are: In This Diary, My Reply (one of my top 10 favorite songs of all time), The Saddest Song, and of course their amazing cover of Boys Of Summer. As far as albums go this is about as close you can get to perfect for me. Every song speaks to me somehow. If it were stolen/lost I would definatley buy it again. Out of my 120 or so CDs I put this up near the top 20, so by my say it's a great CD and a great buy!

braddaz101
    1) Sexuality isn't an insult 2) People have different opinions. Don't be a child just because someone else didn't like something.