Revelations Of The Unsung Review

The Autumn Offering: Revelations Of The Unsung
Release Date: Jul 27, 2004
Label: Stillborn
Genres: Alternative Metal
Revelations is chock-full of screamed vocals, precise drumming, and heavy guitar riffing.
 9.9
 9.7
review (1) 1 comment vote for this album:
Revelations Of The Unsung Reviewed by: .artistic, on april 08, 2008

Sound: Starting of with The Great Escape with an good opening fade in, which sounds like a train coming nearer and nearer and a loud scream to start of the whole album. It continues with a loud metalguitar and a great entering of the drums. The overall sound of the album is pretty hard. You have your high quality tracks like "Bonds in which we break besides those 2 really low quality studio recordings named "Beginnings End" and "Shadows of Betrayal". But remembering the 5 track demo or the other 4 tracks which can be found on their debut and the second record again, those low quality tracks get a lot of positive feedback from this site. The effects used are really in a good placement and with some nice effects the whole song or album floats right into your ear. // 9

Lyrics: Starting of with a fact, if you don't listen to TOA for a long time or really interessted, it's hard to understand Dennis Millers vocal action and his words. The Lyrics are undescribable. Better said uncategoriseable. You once have the feeling he wants to run of his feelings (The Great Escape) and on the other site you have this whiny background in Bonds in which we break which gets overwhelmed by the hate and anger you can hear and feel in his voice. The lyrics contain passages like "Despise and disgust are all I see in you now" (Bonds in which we break) or "A sudden gasp for life, will this be our last?" (Beginnings End). You can easily figure out that the lyrics contain melancholic and sad moments which might appeared in their real lifes. All in all the lyrics are a mixture of anger, hate, sadness and a bit of revolution. Those lyrics are the reason some call TOA a melodic metalcore band. // 10

Overall Impression: As I first listened to TOA debut album I was really shocked. Never before have I listened to something as good as this debut album. It combines professional guitarsolos performed by a random guitar player with some background drum hammering ontop of some growling. The growls, screams and clear voice mixture makes this album so good. Dennis Miller and his band have come up with some great songs for this debut album. Everytime I listen to it it's like a punch in your face but I like it. One sad thing though is the length of this album. It's about 40 min only in which they try to show of everything they had to offer that time. You get the feeling of freedom and addiction to TOA in every single song on this album. I simply love it. // 10

Comments