I And Love And You review by The Avett Brothers

• Released: Sep 29, 2009
  • Users' score: 10 (1 vote)
The Avett Brothers: I And Love And You

I and Love and You (2009) is the latest Avett album, is by far the best yet. It spans a wide variety of genres and boasts the use of many different instruments. The brothers are very talented musicians and skilled singers to match. They alternate piano rock, pop, folk and bluegrass making this a unique spectrum of styles. The Avett's are known for strong harmonies and high energy even in the softest of songs.

They say that some of the best songs were written in as little as fifteen minutes. Were any of these songs written in amount of time? have no idea. What I do know is that each song is carefully crafted and has a great story. The Avett's have a way with words. "Three words that became hard to say... I and Love and You" "There was a dream, and one day I could see it, like a bird in a cage I broke in and demanded that somebody free it" "It's not the chase that I love, it's me following you..." "I see pain but I don't feel it I am like the old tin man"

This is (in my opinion) the best Avett album yet. The lyrics, the sound, the skill. This is a great album. These are true artists, so much in fact that Scott, the older brother, painted the album cover. Then he hand carved the tour poster. They are talented artists. This CD is worth the money. Buy it and enjoy!

redpola
    I was recommended this by a non-musical friend. I scorned it at first for being plain. That was my arrogance and my error. I've gone on to love it, to think it's excellent songwriting, and to drive my girlfriend nuts by playing it on every car journey. That the song plays in my head when I read those snippets of lyrics is testament to the solidity of the writing. Note also that for anyone who likes to harmonise with a vocal line this is possibly the most -ahem- singalongable recording out.