Abbey Road review by The Beatles

• Released: Sep 26, 1969
The Beatles: Abbey Road

Some albums are designed to be gapless, and some are divided between songs. Abbey Road does both. Side A has some great material worthy of being singles, like "Come Together", "Something", "Maxwell's Silver Hammer", and "Octopus's Garden". Side B seems to all meld together, similar to Pink Floyd's "The Wall". The recording of this album was very "happy" in the sense that all four members of the Beatles knew it would be their last album, and wanted to make it say "Goodbye" in the best way as they could.

This is not the #1 Beatles album lyricaly, but it is right up there. The songs "Mean Mr. Mustard" and "Polythene Pam" are related lyricaly. Mr. Mustard is mentioned in the lyrics of "Polythene Pam". The lyrics in "Come Together" are related to the Paul-Is-Dead theory. For example; "One and one and one is three" could symbolize the three remaining Beatles. A song with great lyrics is "Here Comes The Sun". This song is packed with symbolism, which is an ingredient for great lyrics.

This was the last recorded Beatles album. At the time, all the Beatles members were furious with each other after the disasterous "Get Back" sessions. This is my favourite Beatles album, and my favourite album out of any artist. The thing I like about this album is that there is no filler music, just great songs. All of The Beatles' albums are like this, but I feel shis one in particular has a special shine. What better song to end Side A but "I Want You (She's So Heavy)"? If I lost Abbey Road, I would buy it again right away.

pinkfloydfish
    I love how this album is so complete. The way that the songs lead into each other creates a unified album instead of a collection of songs. Definitely my favorite Beatles album
    Who66
    Only they could essentially crater in January 69 and then bring this polished diverse and unified an album out as a final go. beautiful. it sums up their incredibly varied career nicely.