Abbey Road review by The Beatles

• Released: Sep 26, 1969
The Beatles: Abbey Road

"Abbey Road" is a classic one, Beatles best? Not sure. Sounds great all the way! A little darker on "Come Together", and very heavy on "I Want You (She's So Heavy)"! Love that song. Something is instant classic with Harrison's solo at its best. Oh! Darling has Paul's voice breaking like never heard before, great job. "Here Comes The Sun" is a great song too, nice guitars. "Because" gets the sound a little darker again, with amazing vocal skills, and strange chord progressions through the song, love that one. you'll listen Bluesy stuff, Hard Rock Stuff, Jazzy sounds, then it gets on a streak till the end, magical stuff great Beatles! I didn't expected it the first time I listened, it moves from one song to another as if they're the same one and concludes with everyones solo, even Ringo's! Amazing Album! I give it a 9 because there are a few childish songs for me.

Lyrics are nothing special, like the combination of words chosen in come together! Classy! "Here come old flat top He come groovin' up slowly He got joo joo eyeballs" I like the way he sings it its awesome. I like She's so Heavy lyrics too, they match the music perfectly! You feel like you want her! I WANT YOUUUUU! It's like that, try jamming with it, great stuff.The rest of the lyrics is mehhh but vocal skills impress. Backing singers do it perfectly making some vocal arrangements amazing, try listening "Because" you'll see why. John, Paul and George have great vocal skills, classic voice you cannot forget them, and Ringo gets a 10 for his effort! Gets a 10 for skills and arrangements, and a 4 for lyrics, they just don't mean anything special to me, and are silly sometimes.

I don't think you can compare this one to anything youve listened. It has some bluesy kind of sound, then some of the psychedelic Beatles stuff, then gets rock n' rolling, don't know exactly how you can compare it to another stuff, you'd have to separate every song, and then you'd actually see that everything you compare came before this album! This one is the first of them in so many things, come on! "Come Together" inspired so many people, I guess I'd give it a shot that its kinda rapper. Imagine Lennon Rapping! I'd choose "Come Together", "I Want You She'd So Heavy" and "Something" as the best songs. "Because" and "Here Comes The Sun" deserve serious listening too. I love the album, everything about it, I'd only take "Maxwell's" and "Octupus's" out of it, the rest is superb, and by superb I mean a perfect 10! If stolen, it'd break my soul, I'll immediately buy one again.

tomwebbsayshi
    An absolute classical musical masterpiece. This is the purest definition of an 'album'... their best work in my opinion.