Help! review by The Beatles

• Released: Jan 1, 1965
The Beatles: Help!

The sound is amazing. This is John Lennon at his peak with the Beatles. The lyrics and guitar riffs to "Help!" are spectacular. This album marks the first time George Harrison used a wah-wah pedal on "I Need You." There are different styles of music included on this including bluegrass, (I've just seen a face) Rock'n'Roll (Your Gonna Lose That Girl) and Country (Yesterday.)

The lyrics on Help! are nothing special. Not like those emo bands that think lyrics make a good song. John and Paul out do themselves on You've Got to Hide Your Love Away, (John) and Yesterday (Paul.) George even sings ion "I Need You" and "You Like Me Too Much" and Ringo does also on "Act Naturally."

The Beatles have definetly matured since their last 2 albums "Hard Day's Night" and "Beatles For Sale." The songs are all well written and get stuck in your head easily. I love the fact that there is a 12 string guitar that George uses to give it a unique sound. If it got lost or scratched, I would definetly go and buy it again.

Who66
    yeah, and george only uses the Rick on Ticket to Ride. 12 string acoustics do appear on 4 or so track though. george uses i think a volume petal on I need you (as well as Ticket to ride Flip Yes it is), not a wah. paul plays a bit of lead on tracks 5,7,2. I always wish I'm down closed this instead of dizzy miss lizzy which seems like an odd return to closing the album with john covering a rocker. oh well.